Secondaries complete early OCT - interview invites

May 6, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
If I had my secondaries complete early October, when should I expect to hear back in regards to interview invites or even rejections? I have one interview invite so far at a school where I haven’t even been complete at for a month so I’m confused as to what that timeline looks like. Thanks.

PS - just goes to show there is hope for those of us who were complete later on in the cycle. Good luck to you all !

Reactions: 1 users

gogetter898

2+ Year Member
May 13, 2018
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
congrats and thank you for posting - helped my anxiety a little about submitting secondaries in october

EdgeTrimmer

2+ Year Member
May 26, 2018
Status (Visible)
  1. Non-Student
Most adcoms say completing early October is not late this cycle and every school processes differently so no one can give timelines. Check the threads of schools you applied and you may get an idea but expect to get invitations anytime between now and January.

Reactions: 1 user
About the Ads
Feb 22, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
I think it depends on the school. I also submitted midish-October and they've been slowly rolling in. Mostly within the last week or so. I'd expect most schools to respond in December (if at all) just from looking at other trends. There is hope for us ;)

gonnif

Rule One: Take a Breath
10+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2009
The Big Bad Apple
Status (Visible)
  1. Non-Student
1) Applications are not evaluated and considered in chronological order
2) you could get an Invite from now until well after the New Year
3) You could get a rejection from now until next April
4) you could get nothing as no school is required to inform of anything other than an interview or acceptance
5) Essentially your start as unaccepted and unless the school decides otherwise that where you are. Some schools never send out any rejections.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Nov 14, 2019
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
MS2 and I submitted in October. 1 II in oct, 1 in jan, 1 in feb, and 1 in march and I was accepted to all of them. be patient!

Reactions: 1 user
About the Ads

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.