Secondaries Prior to AMCAS Verification 2007

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TIGIBedHead

Fever to Tell
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So there's a thread for secondaries that are already out for the 2006-2007 cycle. Somebody suggested that we list secondaries that we have received without yet having our AMCAS app verified. And since a bunch of us have submitted, and remain in the waiting line for verification, I thought we could start a separate thread for secondaries received prior to verification.

Via e-mail:
George Washington

Members don't see this ad.

TIGIBedHead said:
So there's a thread for secondaries that are already out for the 2006-2007 cycle. Somebody suggested that we list secondaries that we have received without yet having our AMCAS app verified. And since a bunch of us have submitted, and remain in the waiting line for verification, I thought we could start a separate thread for secondaries received prior to verification.

Via e-mail:
George Washington

Columbia

George Washington.

Should I fill this one out so soon? I don't have it verified and I take the August MCAT?

Members don't see this ad :)
I wish I could help you out, but I didn't get ANY secondaries until AFTER I was verified, on 6-26. But I don't think very many were even being sent out then. :)

Seriously? I didn't get one from UC yet...

I got 3 so far. Should I send out my secondaries before my primary is verified?

kelvin81 said:

Gettin it done earlier gives you more time to fix problems should they arise in the future...

ruitao said:
Seriously? I didn't get one from UC yet...

university of chicago? im not verified and i have even already submitted my secondary. when did you submit?

I got a secondary notification from USF just a few days after I submitted, and I'm not yet verified.

So far we've got:

Columbia
George Washington
MCG
UChicago
UMDNJ
USF

Members don't see this ad :)
BU is soon to be available to us not-yet-verified applicants. Any others?

Wash U you can go onto their site and register yourself.

So far we've got:

Columbia
George Washington
MCG
UChicago
UMDNJ
USF
Wright State

Baylor doesn't send anything pre-verification, but you can register and access their secondary on their website without being verified.

Any others? Seems like most schools are waiting until verification to send secondary invites.

I never got an E-mail from WashU, but you can submit your secondary if you goto their website and register, you just need your AMCAS ID

I Recieved Dartmouth by Snail Mail b4 I was verfied. (7/15)

University of Cincinnati

So far we've got:

Columbia
Dartmouth (regular mail)
George Washington
MCG
UChicago
U. Cincinnati
UMDNJ (email)
USF
Wash. U.
Wright State

I just got Dartmouth last week, am still not verified

kelvin81 said:

I have the same question. Are we expected to send out the secondaries + LOR before AMCAS is verified? What about schools that have deadlines like "due X weeks after secondary sent"?

ADeadLois said:
I have the same question. Are we expected to send out the secondaries + LOR before AMCAS is verified? What about schools that have deadlines like "due X weeks after secondary sent"?

Good question, I have not submitted mine yet because of not being verified, but I think I really should get going on them. Won't hurt to turn them in as fast as you get them, and could possibly hurt by waiting.

Haemulon said:
Good question, I have not submitted mine yet because of not being verified, but I think I really should get going on them. Won't hurt to turn them in as fast as you get them, and could possibly hurt by waiting.

Yeah, the secondaries wouldn't be a problem for me; I guess I'm wondering more about the LORs. Would they hold any LOR deadlines against while AMCAS is being verfied?

So far we've got:

Columbia
Dartmouth (regular mail)
George Washington
MCG
NYMC
UChicago
U. Cincinnati
UMDNJ (email)
USF
Wash. U.
Wright State

Somebody was looking for this information. If anyone has more to add to the list, let's have it.

UConn claims to send secondaries pre-verification on their website, but apparently it's through snail mail.

Just FYI to those who haven't yet been verified...I didn't get an e-mail from UMDNJ until my application was verified.

Adding Johns Hopkins, Tulane and Yale, all three of which are available on their website for anyone.

Columbia
Dartmouth (regular mail)
George Washington
Johns Hopkins
MCG
NYMC
Tulane
UChicago
U. Cincinnati
UMDNJ (email)
USF
Wash. U.
Wright State
Yale

SUNY Downstate is also on their website for anyone to snag.

Columbia
Dartmouth (regular mail)
George Washington
Johns Hopkins
MCG
NYMC
SUNY Downstate
Tulane
UChicago
U. Cincinnati
UMDNJ (email)
USF
Wash. U.
Wright State
Yale

Baylor
Columbia
Dartmouth (regular mail)
George Washington
Johns Hopkins
MCG
MUSC
NYMC
SUNY Downstate
Tulane
UChicago
U. Cincinnati
UMDNJ (email)
USF
Wash. U.
Wright State
Yale

Looque said:
Adding Johns Hopkins, Tulane and Yale, all three of which are available on their website for anyone.

Now, maybe we should not add these schools unless you can actually submit the secondaries before being verified. You still need an invite don't you?

Haemulon said:
Now, maybe we should not add these schools unless you can actually submit the secondaries before being verified. You still need an invite don't you?

I would agree with you...EVMS falls into the same category.

Baylor
Columbia
Dartmouth (regular mail)
George Washington
Johns Hopkins
MCG
MUSC
NYMC
Penn State
SUNY Downstate
Tulane
UChicago
U. Cincinnati
UMDNJ (email)
USF
Wash. U.
Wright State
Yale

As some people suggested, let's limit the list to those schools that have sent out invites to non-verified applicants. How about splitting the list between schools that have sent invites, and schools that have the secondary available for anyone to fill out online. If I placed any of these into the wrong categories, feel free to make corrections.

Sent Invites:
Columbia
Dartmouth (regular mail)
George Washington
MCG
MUSC
NYMC
Penn State
UChicago
U. Cincinnati
UMDNJ (email)
USF
Wright State

Available Online:
Baylor
Johns Hopkins
SUNY Downstate
Tulane
Wash. U.
Yale

Sent Invites:
Columbia
Dartmouth (regular mail)
George Washington
MCG
NYMC
Penn State
UChicago
U. Cincinnati
UMDNJ (email)
USF
Wright State

Available Online:
Baylor
Johns Hopkins
MUSC
SUNY Downstate
Tulane
Wash. U.
Yale

TIGIBedHead said:
As some people suggested, let's limit the list to those schools that have sent out invites to non-verified applicants. How about splitting the list between schools that have sent invites, and schools that have the secondary available for anyone to fill out online. If I placed any of these into the wrong categories, feel free to make corrections.

Sent Invites:
Columbia
Dartmouth (regular mail)
George Washington
MCG
MUSC
NYMC
Penn State
UChicago
U. Cincinnati
UMDNJ (email)
USF
Wright State

Available Online:
Baylor
Eastern Virginia Medical School
Johns Hopkins
SUNY Downstate
Tulane
Wash. U.
Yale

Updated

I just got one from LSU-Shreveport. I am still waiting on Transcripts.

Sent Invites:
Columbia
Dartmouth (regular mail)
George Washington
LSU-Shreveport
MCG
NYMC
Penn State
UChicago
U. Cincinnati
UMDNJ (email)
USF
Wright State

Available Online:
Baylor
Eastern Virginia Medical School
Johns Hopkins
MUSC
SUNY Downstate
Tulane
Wash. U.
Yale

Slowly but surely! Let's all hope we get verified soon so we get invites for the others.

Has anyone received the UConn secondary yet? It said on Jackie's thread that it's being sent via snail mail. According to their website, they send it pre-verification, and have a 6 week post-receipt deadline. Can anyone confirm this?

amcas not verified (sent 7/19)

secondaries received via email (7/24)
george washington
penn state

Sent Invites:
BU
Columbia
Dartmouth (regular mail)
George Washington
LSU-Shreveport
MCG
NYMC