Secondaries

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CrewBHB

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone received any secondaries from schools? I have been verified since the second day of AMCAS opening but have not received any secondaries.

Members don't see this ad.

oh, and p.s., AMCAS says the first round of apps go to schools on june 24. so they wont know to send you 1 until then...

Members don't see this ad :)
I like your avatar pic...what is it of?

Also, my premed committee just sent out LORs with the committee letter. Will medical schools hold on to this even though the AMCAS apps have not gone out?

Also, my premed committee just sent out LORs with the committee letter. Will medical schools hold on to this even though the AMCAS apps have not gone out?

Yup. They just hold on to them until the rest of your app shows up. Then they review it.

Which schools will automatically send you secondaries and which schools will actually screen applications first? Anyone that knows any schools just throw them out there.

Almost all schools will send you a secondary because they want to bleed every last bit of money from you. Schools that will pre-screen that I know of are UCSF and Vanderbilt.

Jolie South - really? thats pretty sweet! i do malaria research but i've never seen them like that before!

can anyone estimate how much time one should plan to set aside per secondary?

i know it varies per school and depends on how many essays, and how many essays are similar to ones already written, etc...

but any ballpark idea?

at the beginning, i spent 4-6 hours per secondary. after a while though, you'll see that they ask similar questions and you can "recycle" essays.

Almost all schools will send you a secondary because they want to bleed every last bit of money from you. Schools that will pre-screen that I know of are UCSF and Vanderbilt.

I think that's all of the UCs, isn't it?

Which schools will automatically send you secondaries and which schools will actually screen applications first? Anyone that knows any schools just throw them out there.

I know that Hopkins, Columbia, USC, Duke, Stanford, and Northwestern sends secondaries to all applicants.

A lot of these questions have been answered on the 2008-2009 Secondary Application Thread. I started the thread as a place to consolidate all the questions about secondary apps.

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=530082

Try to post new questions there so that all the info about secondaries stays on one thread. :)