You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Secondary Application Photo
Started by Lilbird123
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Pretty sure most do.Which schools even require a photo?
Hmm. I only received one from U Mich and they didn't require one.Pretty sure most do.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
From a fashion perspective, don't look like a teenager. Black shirt, white tie is not projecting professionalism.I have a picture in which I'm wearing a black button up, with a white tie, and it was in a dimly lit hotel for a graduation party. The background is very blurred out, to the point that you can't see anything but some lights; the picture is really only from my shoulders up. The picture is kind of "soft," if you know what I mean -- lol think soap opera effect, but not terribly cheesy.
I'm overseas so getting a passport picture might be a little hassle, plus I didn't bring any suits. Is that acceptable? I'm sure it's okay and I'm being neurotic, I mean it's a fine picture, but if I have to I'll try to get a different one!
This is not business professional.I have a picture in which I'm wearing a black button up, with a white tie, and it was in a dimly lit hotel for a graduation party. The background is very blurred out, to the point that you can't see anything but some lights; the picture is really only from my shoulders up. The picture is kind of "soft," if you know what I mean -- lol think soap opera effect, but not terribly cheesy.
I'm overseas so getting a passport picture might be a little hassle, plus I didn't bring any suits. Is that acceptable? I'm sure it's okay and I'm being neurotic, I mean it's a fine picture, but if I have to I'll try to get a different one!
Do you have a white shirt and dark tie?
Have a friend take phone pic.
Last edited by a moderator:
From a fashion perspective, don't look like a teenager. Black shirt, white tie is not projecting professionalism.
It's actually part of a tuxedo, just missing the jacket, and the tie is not in-your-face at all. Definitely don't look like a teenager though😀This is not business professional.
Do you have a white shirt and dark tie?
Have a friend take phone pic.
Perhaps I'm trying to rationalize my way into thinking it'll be okay, but it's not too flashy, really. If worse comes to worst, I'll wait till I get back in the states, which is July 19th so it won't be too late; if not I'll end up borrowing something from relatives here!
Don't do it.It's actually part of a tuxedo, just missing the jacket, and the tie is not in-your-face at all. Definitely don't look like a teenager though😀
Perhaps I'm trying to rationalize my way into thinking it'll be okay, but it's not too flashy, really. If worse comes to worst, I'll wait till I get back in the states, which is July 19th so it won't be too late; if not I'll end up borrowing something from relatives here!
This isn't a wedding.
Advice taken, working on getting a "passport photo" here. Would a white, polo button up be okay? It's short-sleeved, but I'll get it from the shoulders up. @LizzyM mentioned that a majority of male interviewees had the shirt unbuttoned (not too much obviously), so I think that's what I'll do, with a plain background.Don't do it.
This isn't a wedding.
I'd recommend a polo over a black shirt and white tie wedding photo.Advice taken, working on getting a "passport photo" here. Would a white, polo button up be okay? It's short-sleeved, but I'll get it from the shoulders up. @LizzyM mentioned that a majority of male interviewees had the shirt unbuttoned (not too much obviously), so I think that's what I'll do, with a plain background.
Awesome. Only problem is I'm dying of heat stroke 24/7 and sweat bullets 24/7 here, so I'll need to find a solution to that... but thank you!I'd recommend a polo over a black shirt and white tie wedding photo.
SDN neuroticism post #3: Submitted a secondary without realizing the file name of the photo had the name of a different med school in it. Do adcoms see this/will anyone even care?
Better apply carribean brahSDN neuroticism post #3: Submitted a secondary without realizing the file name of the photo had the name of a different med school in it. Do adcoms see this/will anyone even care?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 10
- Views
- 651