Quantcast

Secondary challenge essay ideas, please help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Anb123

Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
Two ideas

1. In my senior year I took on a role in a a peer health organization that required me to act as a leader of a team of four other seniors, one of them that I was friends with. Our team had to research a specific health topic three times per semester and make outreach materials that we would distribute to students on campus. As the team leader and coordinator, I was responsible for delegating different areas of research to my team members and then reviewing their work for accuracy and originality. There was an incident with my friend where she turned in material that had been clearly plagiarized and finished very last minute. I had to figure out how to differentiate between our professional and personal relationships, and was also required to report any plagiarism to my supervisor. I had to make the decision to correct her work myself and say nothing, or report the plagiarism and ask her to redo her work. I ended up doing the latter, even though it did make things somewhat awkward for us.

Thoughts on either? Neither?

Last edited:

faerie62

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I like 1 better
2 might work for an essay that asks for a "time you failed/what you learned" but it doesn't really show you doing anything besides feeling guilty
But that's just my opinion I'm just another applicant.

Reactions: 1 user

Anb123

Reaction score
I like 1 better
2 might work for an essay that asks for a "time you failed/what you learned" but it doesn't really show you doing anything besides feeling guilty
But that's just my opinion I'm just another applicant.
Yeah that makes sense, I honestly thought of it after talking to a friend about a "tell us about a time you made a mistake" question. Thanks for your input!