Secondary: Challenge Prompt

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lexington251

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I've drafted a response to the challenge prompt, but I'm not sure if it will be well received:

During my freshmen year of college I was pretty overwhelmed by academics, and also had to deal with my (ex)-girlfriend cheating on me over long-distance. I talk about overcoming that by building healthier habits, and pick up fitness as a hobby. I gained a lot of weight (was pretty underweight at the time), became a lot more fit, happy, and focused (which shows in my transcript).

Would this be a good response?? I don't want this to come off as arrogant or minor, because it had a significant impact on who I am today.

Members don't see this ad.

I would probably not directly talk about a cheating ex-girlfriend imho. I would maybe change the focus to being overwhelmed by academics, which lead to social problems (in lieu of girlfriend), creating the need to build better habits to balance everything. I actually plan on writing about a kind of similar experience, so I'm also wondering if the approach I'm suggesting is a good one.