secondary essay lengths

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

scarfscarfscarf

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
did you guys have a hard time answering questions with long max lengths? for example why one would attend a certain medical school (5000 characters). i'm about at 3000 now, and i'm afraid any more will make it sound superficial. at the same time, leaving at 3000 might indicate a certain lack of conviction. how do you guys feel?

Members don't see this ad.

did you guys have a hard time answering questions with long max lengths? for example why one would attend a certain medical school (5000 characters). i'm about at 3000 now, and i'm afraid any more will make it sound superficial. at the same time, leaving at 3000 might indicate a certain lack of conviction. how do you guys feel?

Length is not what's important. It's the quality that counts; whether you put your thoughts and effort into the writing. If you can adequately say what you want in 3000 characters, then just leave it. Don't feel like you have to use the maximum number of characters.

I tend to be very concise when I write so especially with the longer essays, I tend to not get the max length. I don't think anyone is going to count characters and be like "they must not really want to go here". If you made good points and said what needed to be said you're good. Don't fluff it up just to get characters to the detriment of your essay.