Secondary essays

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by BIYANT, 01.13.14.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. manifesto

manifesto 2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    I'm wondering if there is a list of recent secondary essay prompts out there. If not, how about we start? I want to start early and I'm sure there are others too. I'm especially interested in CA schools.

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Glimmer1991

Glimmer1991 SDN Gold Donor Gold Donor 2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Hi! I don't know that all schools release their secondaries beforehand. However, UNC has theirs posted year-round--just scroll down to the "open ended questions:" https://www.dentistry.unc.edu/academic/dds/supplementalapplicationinformation.cfm

UNC's seemed to be longer than many other schools' secondaries. However, secondaries tend to ask some pretty standard questions--why dentistry? why this school? etc. Some will ask you more in-depth, "touchy feely" questions, like ECU. However, I don't know that I'm allowed to share those questions.

If you're looking for a school's secondary application, just simply google the school's name followed by "secondary" or "supplement." Those two words are used sort of interchangeably, but they might yield different results. If they aren't on google, they probably aren't meant to be public knowledge.

4. nahehes49

nahehes49 2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental

About the ads