Seeking Advice...Retake GRE or Not?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tom4130

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I will be applying to basically every program in PA this July and am beginning to have doubts due to my recently taken GRE score. My two top choices are Jefferson (GRE not required) and Temple (Required). I am an undergrad at Temple in the Pre-Professional program and recently talked to admissions and based off of my stats I have a "good chance" of being accepted, but then also was told if I could raise my GRE to at least a 150 in each section I would have a much greater chance. Since Jefferson is my first choice if accepted and does not require the GRE, and I supposedly have a good chance at being accepted into Temple, can anyone suggest if they feel I should take the GRE again or no?
I will also be applying to Drexel, USP, Widener, and few others so those two are not my only choices. I am worried if I take it again and get a lower score it will look even worse than if I just use my current score.

Pre-Req GPA: 3.80
Science GPA: 3.83
Overall GPA: 3.708
GRE:Verbal Reasoning-146; Quantitative Reasoning-149; Analytical Writing-4.0

I also have over 100 hour’s inpatient and currently work at an outpatient facility with about 80+ hours as of now. I will have 3 very strong LOR as well.

Members don't see this ad.

If admissions said that I would study up and retake it! Have some confidence, you have great grades and didnt do so poor first time around. Give it another go with your best shot, sure you will do great

Does anyone know if you have to have your grades in by the time you apply, or can you send them in a week or two later? I planned on retaking them mid/end of June but wanted to apply mid July. Problem is that grades take 15 days to post. Any suggestions? I want to apply early as possible