1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Seeking Advice

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by Prepharm1214, May 11, 2008.

1. Prepharm1214

10+ Year Member

Pharmacist

#1 Prepharm1214, May 11, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2008
  2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. aboveliquidice

aboveliquidice No sacrifice - No victory
    Pharmacist Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    My only advice is to not limit yourself... By applying to only one program, you limited yourself - and that hasn't worked out all that well. For this upcoming year - investigate private universities, outside your comfort zone, that fit your academic needs. A healthy number is 5 programs...

Do a search for "How to improve my chances" - as there are several excellent threads on the subject.

Good luck to you - and if you ever need any help - utilize this board as a resource... keep us posted on your progress.

~above~

4. Farmercyst

Farmercyst From the shadows
    Pharmacist Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    If you think you know who wrote the poor LOR, don't go to them for another one.:idea::laugh:
    Beyond that, you've got a year to get work experience, ECs, improve grades, etc. Work on what you think was your greatest deficiency.

5. Sparda29

Sparda29 En Taro Adun
    Pharmacist Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    Take upper level courses to boost your GPA.

6. medicalCPA

medicalCPA Actually, it's medicalCPA, PhD now
    Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Medical Student
    Good thing you learned from your mistake and are ready to apply to more schools. If you are looking for schools to apply to, you could try comparing them on the AACP website. That way you could search for pharmacy schools that meet your criteria, whatever they may be.
    http://www.aacp.org/issi/membership/survey_psar.asp?CID=104&TrackID=&TrackID&TrackID=

Another thing you might consider is public schools outside Ohio that grant residency status to students after one year of school. You will pay out-of-state tuition in your first year, but subsequent years will be cheaper. I don't know of any, but I wish I had.