Position Wanted Seeking PGY1 Family Med Residency Position

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

JWVSOM

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi


My name is John. I am a 4th year medical Student at the West Virginia School of Osteopathic Medicine pursuing a career in Family Medicine. I am contacting you to inquire about available OMGE year 1 positions.


I am ready to begin training after graduation in May 2018 and have passed all my boards on the 1st attempt and with COMLEX I and II scores of 516 and 576 respectively. Please contact me for my personal statement, CV, my Medical School Performance evaluation, a draft summary of my preclinical coursework at WVSOM, and references.


To address the question of why I think I didn’t match all I can say is that I must not of ranked enough safety programs. I try to take the initiative to make all of my patient interactions as effective and worthwhile for the patient as possible and I have a lot of experiences to draw on for my future patient encounters including 6 months of Family Medicine rotations in which I had an active role in managing the treatment plan and performing minor procedures, 2 months of pediatrics, 1 month of OB and a variety of internal medicine sub specialty rotations.