Self-learn Physics; best prep book?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

R35

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all. I haven't taken Physics past grade 12 (which I got 91%).

I will be required to self-learn physics for the MCAT, so I was wondering which prep book is the best for this approach.

I have not taken calculus past high school either.

Members don't see this ad.

You don't need to know calculus for MCAT Physics.

Berkeley Review is the best physics prep book.

Hey all. I haven't taken Physics past grade 12 (which I got 91%).

I will be required to self-learn physics for the MCAT, so I was wondering which prep book is the best for this approach.

I have not taken calculus past high school either.

I would probably suggest Nova Physics in this case.

as phunky said, TBR is definitely the best physics book out there (considering the practice passages) but it might not be a good idea to start with TBR! Either read Nova first then use TBR, or read chapter-by-chapter, first Nova and then TBR.

Stay away from TPR, EK, and Kaplan

Thanks! I will see about finding TBR and consider reviewing Nova first then. Thanks guys.

Members don't see this ad :)
TBR for learning, TPR for reviewing. I found TBR to be too dense when rereading a subject when I wanted to relearn something after messing up a question or whatever. Plus TPR has nice colors

Yeah if you haven't actually taken the course, I would recommend something a bit more comprehensive than TBR, and then use TBR for passages.

I have not had physics yet and I taught myself with TPR books. Consistently 10+ on AAMC tests is PS

Reactions: 1 user