self teach orgo

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kellylynn56

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys...i took the dat in nov and scored an 18 in orgo. i have NO idea how i even got that. I didn't get in anywhere this year, so i'm going to retake the dat. how can i teach myself organic I and II in 4 months? i'm going back through lecture notes from 2 years ago and reading orgo 1 for dummies at the moment (i feel like a dummy). any other books you guys can suggest that'll teach the subject, not just review it?

Members don't see this ad.

hey guys...i took the dat in nov and scored an 18 in orgo. i have NO idea how i even got that. I didn't get in anywhere this year, so i'm going to retake the dat. how can i teach myself organic I and II in 4 months? i'm going back through lecture notes from 2 years ago and reading orgo 1 for dummies at the moment (i feel like a dummy). any other books you guys can suggest that'll teach the subject, not just review it?

When I took the DAT last year, I hadn't touched the subject in many years. So I simply got some college textbooks and reviewed the whole subject again in brute force. After that, I refined my knowledge with more specific and detailed guides like Kaplan, Destroyer, and others. With four months, I believe that it is certainly doable. Good luck.

thanks! i needed the encouragement. i was expecting someone to say, "not possible chica...forget about dental school!"

whish u good luck mate. but u should never ever put something off for long and then try to cram it up in 4 months. possible but little by little does it. just read, practice, read, practice. i hope u have no children cause its going to be hard

Kaplan work well for orgo. It had been over 5 years since I had the class when I took the DAT. I didn't remember anything, but Kaplan got me there within 2 months and I scored very well.