Sending an additional LOR after completing secondary?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rkidmike

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I hope the friendly people here can give me some advice.

I have already completed a few of my secondaries and sent in 3 LOR's for each secondary. Of those 3 LOR's, I think 2 are whatevers and 1 is pretty good. However, I can get a really good letter in about a week (the researcher I worked with is now in Japan), and I was wondering whether schools will mind getting another letter? Also, I was thinking I could save it and send it in after an interview? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

rkidmike said:
Hi, I hope the friendly people here can give me some advice.

I have already completed a few of my secondaries and sent in 3 LOR's for each secondary. Of those 3 LOR's, I think 2 are whatevers and 1 is pretty good. However, I can get a really good letter in about a week (the researcher I worked with is now in Japan), and I was wondering whether schools will mind getting another letter? Also, I was thinking I could save it and send it in after an interview? Thanks!

schools will definitely NOT mind..in fact, it is definitely to your advantage to send in this additional letter, ASAP.. don't wait until after interviews...as your file is reviewed with the letters in hand to determine if you get an interview.. so a strong letter would be to your advantage in securing interviews... good luck!! :luck:

If this letter will be strong and two of your others were mediocre, I say go for it.