SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Sending final transcripts to waitlisted schools

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Drakensoul, May 9, 2007.

1. Drakensoul

Drakensoul Senior Member 7+ Year Member

Mar 1, 2004
    Gainesville, Florida
    So this semester, my last undergrad semester, was my worst grade-wise. My GPA dropped from 3.89 to 3.76 thanks to B+, B+, B, C. No science classes, I was just finishing my Spanish major so the classes were Portuguese, Spanish Phonetics, Spanish Sociolinguistics, and Spanish-American poetry. Yeah, I wanted to kill myself, but anyway.

I haven't gotten a C since high school, and no more than one B+ per semester (and usually all A's) as far as grade history.

I'm waitlisted at two schools with no acceptances. Obviously, I sent my transcripts in before these grades were added once I received the waitlist notification and I've sent a letter of intent, but I am not sure how to go about sending the final transcripts.

Should I send them in now and just hope these grades don't negatively affect my standing (even though they obviously will), or should I wait until maybe early June to send them and see if I've heard anything back?

I want to 'show interest,' I just don't want to shoot myself in the foot. :scared:

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. ltrain

ltrain Senior Member 10+ Year Member

Jul 9, 2004
    I wouldn't send them. Unless they specifically request that you send. If you can come up with another update to send, you could send that (ie volunteering or research related...)