Sending PCAT scores to the schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Slangindempillz

Shinin' like diamonds
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took the PCAT again yesterday, and I don't feel that I will have a competitive score.

MY questions is, The next time I take the PCAT should I not send my scores to the school immediately, get my score and then send it to the school if it is decent?

The school says that they won't hold it against me, but I believe that they would.

If I took the PCAT many many times and only sent them the good score, would they know how many times I took the PCAT?

Members don't see this ad.

Slangindempillz said:
I took the PCAT again yesterday, and I don't feel that I will have a competitive score.

MY questions is, The next time I take the PCAT should I not send my scores to the school immediately, get my score and then send it to the school if it is decent?

The school says that they won't hold it against me, but I believe that they would.

If I took the PCAT many many times and only sent them the good score, would they know how many times I took the PCAT?

I thought about doing that as well, but opted against it because I thought it would just delay things even further. You can't choose which scores are sent and which ones aren't. Harcourt automatically sends all of your score reports to the schools you designate. It is up to the individual schools to decide whether they want to take your highest scores or your most recent.

calrx said:
I thought about doing that as well, but opted against it because I thought it would just delay things even further. You can't choose which scores are sent and which ones aren't. Harcourt automatically sends all of your score reports to the schools you designate. It is up to the individual schools to decide whether they want to take your highest scores or your most recent.

Well, I certainly wouldn't be able to do this if I had to meet a deadline, but I am talking about not sending my score to any schools. But if the score is good then paying 20 dollars to get the scores sent from harcourt to the school of my choice.

Im talkin about if I am applying next year and taking the PCAT this summer if this would work.

Slangindempillz said:
Well, I certainly wouldn't be able to do this if I had to meet a deadline, but I am talking about not sending my score to any schools. But if the score is good then paying 20 dollars to get the scores sent from harcourt to the school of my choice.

Im talkin about if I am applying next year and taking the PCAT this summer if this would work.

I think your transcript includes previous test dates, but if you show improvement, this could only help you.
Good luck.

Slangindempillz said:

When you take the PCAT, you have to send it to a school. You can't take it and not have it sent anywhere. I wanted to do the same thing you're asking about. You can have it sent to a school that you never intend to go to, then if you're ok with your score you can pay $20 and have it sent to the school you want to attend.