Serious MCAT issue:(

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rara89

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys im fairly new to this forum.:) I just read all the threads for info but never really posted. But I have a dilemma.. I am applying this cycle to pod schools. I took my first MCAT this september so the scores are not going to come back till October which is already late on top of that I don't feel good about the score and I want to retake in January (i know it is late).

My question is that once I've received my MCAT score should I send the score or wait until my next MCAT in january to send the score, which is going to make me severely late in sending the scores. I dont know if people get interviews without mcat.. :p probably not. I just don't want the MCAT score to scare the schools because I know I wasn't fully prepared but rushed into taking it with ~2 months okay prep because it was getting so late. For the January one I know I can do a lot better.

What do you guys think?:scared:

I don't know if im suppose to mention my stats but here you go:
science gpa: 3.3
overall: 3.51
lor from pod, sci prof., and internship supervisor
and have 100+ hrs volunteering at hospital, semester internship at health care center, shadowing, etc.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
You would have to get well into the teens on the MCAT to jeopardize your ability to land an interview. Given your strong sGPA and cGPA, I would say the probability of you getting below an 18 on the MCAT is pretty low.

Cliffs: You're good.

You would have to get well into the teens on the MCAT to jeopardize your ability to land an interview. Given your strong sGPA and cGPA, I would say the probability of you getting below an 18 on the MCAT is pretty low.

Cliffs: You're good.

Thank you that was helpful!

I'll see what the score is below 20 or maybe 18 ill wait till next mcat.. keeping my fingers crossed :xf:

How did you do on the practice AAMC Tests? Your score should correlate to that.