Seton Hall Univ vs. Long Island Univ (Brooklyn campus)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cq524

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I recently got accepted into SHU and LIU and I would like some input on which DPT program would you consider and why if possible. Thanks a bunch!

Members don't see this ad.

HI

Ok, so here is what i came up with

Cadaver Anatomy?
Cost Per Credit?
Cost Overall w/ Housing etc
Were Clinical Affiliations are
Program Length
Commute Length

throw some other into the mix and you should have your answer. I must agree with you it's a tough decision.

After giving it some thought, I say got for SHU. Ask my why later or ill let u know.

-shoun

I'm on the waiting list for SHU. If you choose LIU you'll increase my chances of getting accepted!:D
Seriously, I don't know which school is better. However, SHU is a year longer and more expensive. I'd go with LIU.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am interviewing with LIU next week, can you give me any insights as to how the interview process went for you? You can PM me if you want.

Thanks

actually credit wise the cost is a $7 difference! shu is $875 per credit and lie is $882. so i was considering the commuting and everything!

hey ok so i was interviewed along with another girl and two interviewers. very nice and friendly. it was very awkward because you really dont want to have the similar answer to the same question so honestly be yourself, and show great enthusiasm and interest. go over their cirriculum because they are going to ask you if you like the layout....the break or make question i think between the two of us being interview was if you had one wish to change the future of pt and healthcare and practicing what would it be.... the other girl said a very miss universe response FREE HHEALTH CARE for everyone... so i was much more realistic and i think i won them over. be prepared with questions, if anything else let me no ... good luck!

ok so y do u pick SHU... im leaning towards that one anyway just because the commute will be so much easier and i spoke to mike u no which mike and he said he wud go with shu n not because he went there but its a better program that will prepare me better for the boards than liu:confused:

hey. Yeah Mike would say that..LOL jk!!

I meant catch me outside, in the hallway before class. My Pro SHU choice is b/c
1: Mike
2: Closer to home
3: better program
4: Big name school

- For Cadaver anatomy, I am not sure, he told me they used prosections not an actual cadaver to dissect, but things could have changed. I mean we put emphasis in it for the heck of it, but from the people I interviewed with and current pt students they prefer cadaver vs prosections. But it's a Pointless point b/c we won't be doing surgery lol.

Also, when your comparing cost, make sure you look @ the overall picture b/c SHU is $875/ credit, but look @ the other fees. It's a really big deal b/c 20% of your total bill is stupid fee for technology/rec/ etc. I say this b/c I went there and we all would constantly B!itch about it. I am not sure if they started giving out laptops to graduate students, but if they did expect to shell out ~2000 per semester for a $1000 laptop.

So I vote for SHU, but just cross your t's and dot your i's before you make your final decision. :thumbup::thumbup:

-shoun

ok so y do u pick SHU... im leaning towards that one anyway just because the commute will be so much easier and i spoke to mike u no which mike and he said he wud go with shu n not because he went there but its a better program that will prepare me better for the boards than liu:confused:

At LIU interview they told me that their faculty is involved in making questions for the licence exam. You may also get a scholarship based on your GPA. I'd go to LIU, but they rejected me!:(