Program-Specific Info / Q's Seton Hall University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

amyOTpeds

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Who here has applied to the school? Anybody know anything specific about it? All I know is they have a class of 50, but a lot come from their combined bs/ms program. Their average gpa is about 3.4 to 3.5. (Mine is around 3.27, so that makes me less competitive. :( )

But I was just wondering if anybody is currently attending this school, or has applied here? They said we would find out End of March to early April. Which I don't understand, since the deadline was January 15. SO so long ago.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I also applied to Seton Hall. I called last week and they said that they would start sending out acceptances in March. I'm not sure if by mail/email though.

Do they allow outstanding prerequisites, I have only one that I am completing currently A and P 2.

Members don't see this ad :)
Do they allow outstanding prerequisites, I have only one that I am completing currently A and P 2.
Honestly, I'm not sure. I'm sorry! I've called the OT department though and they're really nice, they could probably help you out.

Yea I have heard nothing either. This is the last school that I have a hope for, Usciences hasn't got back to me either.

Yeah I'm still waiting on USciences as well. They say we should know our decision by March 15.

March 15 is a sunday? I haven't heard anything from them yet. I am assuming I am on some sort of wait list for it, or have been denied. Since they did say they already gave out a number of acceptances, and they were still reading applications from November, at the time I asked. I didn't get verified until February.

Last year around this time Seton Hall was sending out acceptance letters, makes me nervous. Rejections go out in April.

hopefully we hear something next week :/ I haven't heard anything either!

They have 500 applicants this cycle. Basically the top 10% of the applicants get in. Its one of the 3 schools in New Jersey, which probably increases the competitiveness. I would love to get an acceptance from this school, but looks like its not happening. :(

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard anything lately when we should be hearing back? Hopefully soon!

I still haven't heard anything. Crossing my fingers for at least a wait list spot, if not admissions. Just nervous because they said they mostly base on GPA and there were 500 students who applied.

Hello all!
I just got an acceptance call from Seton Hall University today! They should be notifying everyone soon!
Best of luck! :]

Reactions: 1 users
What's up guys.
I got an acceptance call from Seton Hall yesterday! Very excited for this program.
Best of luck to everyone.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
The people who were accepted, congratulations! Do you mind sharing your stats?

Stats...
Undergraduate: Cal State University Fullerton
Overall GPA: 3.37
Major: Child & Adolescent Studies
OT Observation Hours: 100 pediatric setting
Volunteer hours: 200+ occupational therapy based karate program for children with special needs, 120 at the Blind Children's Learning Center, 600+ church music ministry

Stats...
Undergraduate: Cal State University Fullerton
Overall GPA: 3.37
Major: Child & Adolescent Studies
OT Observation Hours: 100 pediatric setting
Volunteer hours: 200+ occupational therapy based karate program for children with special needs, 120 at the Blind Children's Learning Center, 600+ church music ministry

What was your prerequisite GPA?

Does anyone know how many students are accepted into the program?

Does anyone know how many students are accepted into the program?
About 50, but some of those come from the dual degree program at Seton Hall. So probably about 30 for outside students.

Has anybody else gotten a call this week? Not sure if I still have a chance or not. Haven't gotten a denial letter yet, it would really help though if they would just notify us. Last actual school I am waiting on. Because the other schools do not notify me until May.

Has anybody else gotten a call this week? Not sure if I still have a chance or not. Haven't gotten a denial letter yet, it would really help though if they would just notify us. Last actual school I am waiting on. Because the other schools do not notify me until May.
I'm still waiting too. I emailed the OT secretary and she told me that due to the overwhelming amount of applicants the decision process will extend until April :bang:. It's so frustrating to wait!!

Yeah I heard the same thing. It'll extend into April ugh -_-

Hey guys! Congrats if you got into SHU! I'm a recent grad (2014) from the program. They have changed the curriculum after I left so it is a bit different going forward. Typically the class is no more than 35 people, due to space. My class was capped at 33. If anyone has any questions you can PM me. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 users
Hey guys! Congrats if you got into SHU! I'm a recent grad (2014) from the program. They have changed the curriculum after I left so it is a bit different going forward. Typically the class is no more than 35 people, due to space. My class was capped at 33. If anyone has any questions you can PM me. Good luck!
How did you like the program? How did your daily schedule look like? Did you have classes everyday? I would really appreciate your feedback about the program!! :)

I liked the program. I felt well prepared for my fieldwork and for the exam. Everyone in my class but one failed the first time, but she was able to pass the second time around. I had classes mostly everyday, but I think one day was off for the once a week fieldwork. Some ran a bit later in the day, but it was ok haha.

If anybody hears anything new about acceptances/refections from SHU, please post it. I'm so anxious.

I was accepted last week, however, I will not be attending. I hope that gives someone else a chance!

Does anyone have any advice on off campus housing? I'm looking for a roommate for the upcoming semester! PM if you're interested! :] Also, has anyone created a facebook group for this class yet?

Does anyone have any advice on off campus housing? I'm looking for a roommate for the upcoming semester! PM if you're interested! :] Also, has anyone created a facebook group for this class yet?
Mind sharing when you heard back from Seton Hall? Did they email you?

Did anybody hear anything lately? Because I have not yet received a rejection letter.

I contacted SHU and they said there are over 500 applicants and the process is moving slowly. They only sent out a few decisions so far. All decisions will be sent out this month through mail.

Was called & accepted to Seton Hall but respectfully declined to go to SUNY Downstate. good luck to everyone else.

Was called & accepted to Seton Hall but respectfully declined to go to SUNY Downstate. good luck to everyone else.
What were your stats if you don't mind me asking? And congratulations for getting into SUNY :)

What were your stats if you don't mind me asking? And congratulations for getting into SUNY :)

3.9 pre-req GPA, 3.7 - general. I did over 180 volunteer hours in 2 settings (in-patient & outpatient). & Thanks, best of luck to you.

Did they call you the other day, or were you called in March?

Hi everyone! I received a letter from Seton Hall today informing me that I have been placed on the waiting list. I hope you all receive your letters soon!

I got a wait list letter from Seton Hall today. I was expecting either that or a rejection after they asked for an updated transcript 3 weeks ago that I didn't send. I had already decided to attend a different program.

I got my wait list letter in the mail today as well. At least it's not a rejection.

Of course!

Major: Communication
Overall GPA: 3.7
Pre-Req GPA: 4.0
OT Observation: about 120 hours total split between a school setting and a sub-acute nursing facility

I graduated from undergrad two years ago. I have about 5 years of experience caring for a child with special needs where I incorporated a lot of OT techniques. I also have been working as the Director of Customer Relations for a medical transportation company.

If you have any more questions, I'll be happy to answer! Good luck everyone!

Of course!

Major: Communication
Overall GPA: 3.7
Pre-Req GPA: 4.0
OT Observation: about 120 hours total split between a school setting and a sub-acute nursing facility

I graduated from undergrad two years ago. I have about 5 years of experience caring for a child with special needs where I incorporated a lot of OT techniques. I also have been working as the Director of Customer Relations for a medical transportation company.

If you have any more questions, I'll be happy to answer! Good luck everyone!
Oh wow and you were waitlisted? I'm still waiting to hear back. So nervous. I have pretty good stats and being rejected will be so discouraging :(

Oh wow and you were waitlisted? I'm still waiting to hear back. So nervous. I have pretty good stats and being rejected will be so discouraging :(

Trust me I know how you feel. I was rejected from a different school already this cycle so I am very anxious as well. Let's try and stay positive!