Program-Specific Info / Q's Seton Hall University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Didn't get any letter yet. I would at least hope they would send out a rejection letter, I hate when schools take forever to send out a rejection letter.

Members don't see this ad.

My stats:

Overall GPA: 3.5
Bachelors Degree May 2014: Early Childhood Education (Gave departmental Graduation speech)
Prerequisite GPA: About 3.7
150 observations hours with an OT (In 3 different settings)
Have been working with children with special needs for over 3 years now.

Still on the wait list. Have not heard any updates. Does anyone know when the accepted students deadline to submit their deposit is?

I also got on the wait list

Members don't see this ad :)
The people who were wait listed, have you heard back?

I called the department secretary last week to ask how long we would be on the wait list (if they send out rejections eventually). She told me that as of now the class is full and that we are on the wait list until the first day of classes. So at this point, we are just waiting for someone who has already accepted their offer to drop out unexpectedly.

Reactions: 1 user
Did anybody else hear anything off the wait list? I got accepted to another school but I want to hear from SHU.

Hello all!
I just got an acceptance call from Seton Hall University today! They should be notifying everyone soon!
Best of luck! :]
Hi!

Do you mind sharing your stats? (Gpa, observation hours, degree, etc) I plan on applying to Seton Hall as well.

Thanks!

Hi!

Do you mind sharing your stats? (Gpa, observation hours, degree, etc) I plan on applying to Seton Hall as well.

Thanks!

Hi OTisLife,

Undergraduate: Cal State University Fullerton
Overall GPA: 3.37
Prerequisite GPA: 3.6
Major: Child & Adolescent Studies
OT Observation Hours: 100 pediatric setting
Volunteer hours: 200+ occupational therapy based karate program for children with special needs, 120 at the Blind Children's Learning Center, 600+ church music ministry

To the people who got accepted into Seton Hall, what was the interview like?

They don't interview at Seton Hall. Best of luck!

Do any of you go to Seton Hall now and could tell me a little bit about the program? I just got accepted!

Do any of you go to Seton Hall now and could tell me a little bit about the program? I just got accepted!
Congrats on the acceptance!! I also applied, but still waiting for an answer.... if you don't mind me asking what are your stats and did they email you about your acceptance?

CONGRATS AGAIN WOOHOO!!

Members don't see this ad :)

Congratulation on the acceptance !!! When is the deadline you have to submit the deposit?

Congrats on the acceptance!! I also applied, but still waiting for an answer.... if you don't mind me asking what are your stats and did they email you about your acceptance?

CONGRATS AGAIN WOOHOO!!
I'm still waiting for their answer too. I thought it was only me who haven't receive anything.

I still haven't heard anything. Crossing my fingers for at least a wait list spot, if not admissions. Just nervous because they said they mostly base on GPA and there were 500 students who applied.
Where did you get this information from if you do not mind me asking?

CONGRATS AGAIN WOOHOO!!
They called me to tell me I was accepted and then I got the official acceptance letter a few days later. They give 10 business days to submit a deposit

Overall: 3.97
Pre-req: 4.00
Science: 4.00
Observation Hours: I have shadowed in three different settings- about 230 hours or so total

They called me to tell me I was accepted and then I got the official acceptance letter a few days later. They give 10 business days to submit a deposit

Overall: 3.97
Pre-req: 4.00
Science: 4.00
Observation Hours: I have shadowed in three different settings- about 230 hours or so total
Great stats! Do you plan on attending?

I'm still waiting for their answer too. I thought it was only me who haven't receive anything.
Yeah, still have yet to hear anything. Already got rejected from Kean... so hoping for at least once acceptance sigh

Yeah, still have yet to hear anything. Already got rejected from Kean... so hoping for at least once acceptance sigh
Did you get an invitation for an interview from Kean? I haven't heard anything from both Kean and Seton Hall but got a straight rejection from NYU already. Me too just hope for one acceptance.

Good luck for both of us :highfive:

Did you get an invitation for an interview from Kean? I haven't heard anything from both Kean and Seton Hall but got a straight rejection from NYU already. Me too just hope for one acceptance.

Good luck for both of us :highfive:
No interview from Kean just rejection :grumpy: where else did you apply?

& thanks hopefully something will work out! :xf:

No interview from Kean just rejection :grumpy: where else did you apply?

& thanks hopefully something will work out! :xf:
I applied 3 schools for this circle NYU, Kean and Seton Hall.

Got 2 rejections in 2 day in a row from NYU and Kean for now seton hall is only my hope.

Keep my post if you get seton hall letter.

How bout you? Where else did you apply?

@AsianOT thank you so much! I actually cant believe I have options. I will probably be attending Columbia along with my other friend who got into Seton Hall. However, he needs to hear back from Columbia first. So, hopefully you get a spot!

I applied 3 schools for this circle NYU, Kean and Seton Hall.

Got 2 rejections in 2 day in a row from NYU and Kean for now seton hall is only my hope.

Keep my post if you get seton hall letter.

How bout you? Where else did you apply?

Aw man, well I hope it works out for you! I applied to NYU, Kean, Seton Hall, & SUNY Downstate. So far rejected from Kean. I'm expecting another rejection from SUNY Downstate since I wasn't offered an interview. It all comes down to Seton Hall or NYU ... So we shall see :(

Aw man, well I hope it works out for you! I applied to NYU, Kean, Seton Hall, & SUNY Downstate. So far rejected from Kean. I'm expecting another rejection from SUNY Downstate since I wasn't offered an interview. It all comes down to Seton Hall or NYU ... So we shall see :(
Have you hear back from both of them yet?

I definitely will not be attending Seton Hall, so hopefully this opens up a spot for someone here!

Reactions: 1 user
Have anyone here hear anything back from SHU? I haven't gotten either rejection and phone call for acceptance, so I'm curious if anyone has any update for that.

@AsianOT it was the 27th for me. 10 days for a deposit from when you have been accepted.

Is anyone else still waiting for an answer from seton hall? Is it rude to call about the status of my application? What time do they usually call ?

Is anyone else still waiting for an answer from seton hall? Is it rude to call about the status of my application? What time do they usually call ?
I haven't heard back from them either but I don't plan on attending regardless.

Last year, I emailed the secretary about the status of my application and within a week they mailed me the decision. That was around the beginning of May when they sent it out.

They can take a long time to make a decision so I definitely don't think calling is rude! Waiting is hard!

Hey! I heard from Seton Hall on March 14th - the Dean called and told me I was accepted! They sent the admittance letter around 3 days later and I put down the $500.00 non-refundable deposit. However, Kean screwed up my application, so I ended up having a late interview and was accepted immediately after! I'll be attending Kean instead as it is around 35k cheaper and one less year of school! Congrats to everyone who was admitted!!

I haven't heard back from them either but I don't plan on attending regardless.

Last year, I emailed the secretary about the status of my application and within a week they mailed me the decision. That was around the beginning of May when they sent it out.

They can take a long time to make a decision so I definitely don't think calling is rude! Waiting is hard!

So basically if we haven't heard back from them by now most likely it would be a rejection, is that right ?

So basically if we haven't heard back from them by now most likely it would be a rejection, is that right ?

I hope that's not true because people may not pay there deposits making room for new acceptances

No, not necessarily. A couple people I've spoken to last year got accepted late April, early May.

I just received a letter informing me that I have been placed on waitlist.. so there's still hope if you have not yet heard anything!