SGU c/o 2027

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone heard back yet? I interviewed about 3 weeks ago and I am getting sooo antsy!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I just had my interview this morning, I got an email after that said final determinations can take up to 12 weeks! So I wouldn't worry if its been 8 weeks and you all still haven't heard anything yet.

You should start hearing back soon, someone who interview on the 9/25 was just rejected

Saw that post on Reddit too but haven't seen a single other post about acceptance/rejection. Is that what you saw?
I just read that and now I'm worried too. I feel bad they got rejected- not much reasoning as to why in the thread. They had good stats. Hopefully they get accepted somewhere in the US.

Reactions: 1 users
do you have a link to that post? That’s kinda scary

The comments are probably right about the lack of experience or there was a major red flag in their applications. I just want to say that this is not a common situation, they have good stats, but vet schools apps are a crapshoot. I know that from experience

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone that applied for the January 2024 starting class heard anything? I haven't even gotten an email that my application was received by SGU.

Just got accepted too!

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Whoops! I also just got an acceptance!!! Yay! Congrats everyone 🥳

Reactions: 7 users
Whoops! I also just got an acceptance!!! Yay! Congrats everyone 🥳
Congratulations!! Then they didn’t send them all at once and I may have a chance! I’m so nervous and scared and excited, checking my email every two minutes. When did you interview?

Just got my acceptance too, I interviewed on August 11th. Congrats everyone!! This is so exciting!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Has anyone that applied for the January 2024 starting class heard anything? I haven't even gotten an email that my application was received by SGU.
I don’t know if this is much help, but I applied for the Fall 2023. I just received an email 10/17 to set up a time for an interview. I haven’t heard back yet from the doctor that’s going to interview me. I feel like it might still be early in the cycle, which I’m hoping to see that acceptance 🤞🏻😬

Accepted for Fall 2023!! I don't quite think my brain has caught up to my emotions yet. 100% thought I would start crying happy tears 😊

Reactions: 6 users
Congratulations!! Then they didn’t send them all at once and I may have a chance! I’m so nervous and scared and excited, checking my email every two minutes. When did you interview?
They definitely didn’t send them all at once because I got mine after a few people on this thread. I interviewed on September 14th! Good luck!!!

They’re probably spacing out the acceptances more because the fall class was full by November last year

I reached out to them a few weeks ago and they said I should hear mid-October. So I am hoping this week or next week. I applied for January 2024 too.

Got my first acceptance! Interviewed at the end of August.
Good luck to everyone who didn’t get email yet.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users
Interviewed 9/20, trying not to panic yet that I haven’t heard anything 😅 congrats to everyone who’s been accepted so far!

I can't believe I'm posting this, but I just got accepted today!! I am so excited to be able to start this step towards earning my DVM!! I interviewed on 09/13! :soexcited:

Edit: Also I applied for Fall 2023!

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Interviewed 9/20, trying not to panic yet that I haven’t heard anything 😅 congrats to everyone who’s been accepted so far!
I interviewed 10/1 and I’m low key panicking that I didn’t hear today but also hopeful for tomorrow. Good luck!!

• Care
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! When did you submit your app and interview ?? I’m getting so nervous !
I submitted my app on 9/15 and it was verified on 9/23. I got my interview invite the same day as verification and interviewed on 9/29. I know that my interviewer submitted his recommendation thing within the same hour after my interview ended so maybe that had something to do with the quick turnaround? Idk really. My last name also starts with an A so it could possibly be alphabetical to some degree

How long did it take after the interview to hear back ???
I submitted my VMCAS 3rd week of July and was verified 2 weeks after. I received my interview invite and interviewed beginning of August. Got my acceptance this afternoon at 3:30pm. All in all it has been 10 weeks plus a couple days since my interviewer submitted her responses.

Best of luck!!

Has anybody that interviewed on October heard back yet?

I interviewed 9/16 and still haven’t heard anything!! I’m freaking out

• Care
I interviewed last Sunday and never got an email following up with decision timelines like a lot of others did. Oh boy 😂

I interviewed last Sunday and never got an email following up with decision timelines like a lot of others did. Oh boy 😂
I wouldn't worry too much! I think this all depends on when your interviewer has a chance to submit their folder. Mine submitted her's about an hour after my interview and I got the decision timeline email 1 or 2 days afterwards.

Got an interview invite today for Spring 2024 start!

Reactions: 3 users
Anyone who's interviewed heard back yet? Just had mine today and already nervous lol. Went pretty well but I just was curious how long it's taken to hear back if anyone has!
Hello! I had just my interview on September 11 and I got my letter of acceptance on October 26! I think it was exactly 4 weeks after interviewing, hope that helps, good luck!!

Reactions: 4 users
Hello! I had just my interview on September 11 and I got my letter of acceptance on October 26! I think it was exactly 4 weeks after interviewing, hope that helps, good luck!!
Congratulations, and thank you! Honestly makes me less stressed!

Thank you! This definitely helps. Seeing so many people get accepted on Oct 19 had me anxious thinking that they had evaluated all the interviews until that date and I interviewed on October 1st.

Congrats!! You heard back today?
Yes, on the 26- sorry it was definitely more than 4 weeks after the interview closer to 6 weeks- but they did tell me it would take 4-6 weeks to hear back, it was definitely nerve-racking to be waiting so long!

Yes, on the 26- sorry it was definitely more than 4 weeks after the interview closer to 6 weeks- but they did tell me it would take 4-6 weeks to hear back, it was definitely nerve-racking to be waiting so long!
Okay thanks!! I interview on the 16th, so i’m hoping I hear back soon

I got an email a few days ago telling me to email and set up an interview date, but the interviewer hasn’t gotten back to me yet and it’s been a few days 😅 makes me very nervous since people are hearing back already!!

I interviewed a month ago and just got an email saying my “interview summary has been received and your file is now complete for final review” and that it could take up to 12 weeks for a decision even though they will start looking at it this week. I thought I’d hear so much sooner based on what everyone is saying and that my interviewer said it would take 4-8 weeks from when we spoke (a month ago so I thought I would hear back any day now).

I interviewed a month ago and just got an email saying my “interview summary has been received and your file is now complete for final review” and that it could take up to 12 weeks for a decision even though they will start looking at it this week. I thought I’d hear so much sooner based on what everyone is saying and that my interviewer said it would take 4-8 weeks from when we spoke (a month ago so I thought I would hear back any day now).
It took almost 11 weeks for me. I don't know if that helps or makes you feel more stressed lol but I think it's pretty random as to when people hear back

My interviewer quoted me the same, but I didn't hear back for a good 10 weeks!