SGU c/o 2027

Started by yelenaMV
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I interviewed on 10/11 and haven’t heard anything back. For those of you who get accepted, would you mind sharing how long after the interview have you hear back about acceptance?🥺
 
I interviewed on 10/11 and haven’t heard anything back. For those of you who get accepted, would you mind sharing how long after the interview have you hear back about acceptance?🥺
I was interviewed around Aug 28th, accepted Oct 19th, but I think they are a lot busier after Sept 15th, because of the amount of applicants.
Good luck.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Sooo my 12 week mark is Friday. At this point is it possible to hear back after 12 weeks? It seems like for the most part they’ve released decisions on Tuesdays and I heard nothing today. I’ve lost all hope lol
Idk but I’m almost at 10 weeks with nothing. I think most people have heard on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
 
Sooo my 12 week mark is Friday. At this point is it possible to hear back after 12 weeks? It seems like for the most part they’ve released decisions on Tuesdays and I heard nothing today. I’ve lost all hope lol

I got accepted on a Wednesday (right at my 12 weeks). And yes you can hear back after then, it’s just an estimate. Their email does say to reach out if you would like an update at any time tho.
 
I am impatient so I reached out to them Monday. They said to keep checking email cause a bunch of decisions should be coming in the next week or so.
Wait really? I saw a post on reddit today from someone who hasn't heard back in over 12 weeks and admissions told them they won't be hearing back until February now. I want to email and ask them but I've asked them so many times already😂
 
Wait really? I saw a post on reddit today from someone who hasn't heard back in over 12 weeks and admissions told them they won't be hearing back until February now. I want to email and ask them but I've asked them so many times already😂
I just saw that post too — I haven’t heard that from anyone else 😳
 
I emailed them this morning and they responded me that they will determine their decision very shortly. Next Monday it will be my 12th week since the interview, so I hope that in the next few weeks we will be notified 🤞🏼
 
I just got accepted to SGU! But my offer was from their January 2024 class, as they said that their Fall 2023 class was full. According to the email they said that I’m automatically enrolled in their waitlist for fall, if there are space open then I’ll be notified immediately. Good Luck everyone!
 
I just got accepted to SGU! But my offer was from their January 2024 class, as they said that their Fall 2023 class was full. According to the email they said that I’m automatically enrolled in their waitlist for fall, if there are space open then I’ll be notified immediately. Good Luck everyone!
I just got the same email! Congrats on your acceptance!!!!!😊
 
I also got that email. Kinda disappointed since I don’t want to have to wait until January but oh well. I’m confused though because in order to be on the waitlist for fall it seems like we have to accept the January offer? I would like to be on the waitlist but don’t want to accept the January offer until hearing back from other schools.
 
I also got that email. Kinda disappointed since I don’t want to have to wait until January but oh well. I’m confused though because in order to be on the waitlist for fall it seems like we have to accept the January offer? I would like to be on the waitlist but don’t want to accept the January offer until hearing back from other schools.
Wait nevermind I just clicked on the link and saw that we could decline January but also be on the waitlist. Idk if I should just accept it and pay the deposit though because I don’t want to decline it before getting an acceptance from another school but I want to be put on the waitlist for fall asap.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Wait nevermind I just clicked on the link and saw that we could decline January but also be on the waitlist. Idk if I should just accept it and pay the deposit though because I don’t want to decline it before getting an acceptance from another school but I want to be put on the waitlist for fall asap.
It does say that we have until January 5th to respond to the email, so maybe just wait until then to decide how you want to respond! The deposit deadline isn't until 4/15, so if you are waiting to hear back from other schools you would still have plenty of time to decline your seat if you get accepted somewhere else😁
 
It does say that we have until January 5th to respond to the email, so maybe just wait until then to decide how you want to respond! The deposit deadline isn't until 4/15, so if you are waiting to hear back from other schools you would still have plenty of time to decline your seat if you get accepted somewhere else😁
Thanks, didn’t realize I could fill out the survey without paying the deposit!
 
Congrats to everyone who got accepted! I was wondering if it would look frowned upon to email asking about a status update? Especially since it hasn’t been the full 12 weeks since the interview?