SGU c/o 2027

Started by yelenaMV
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks everyone! I definitely understand it might take longer than 8 weeks to hear. I’m mostly just concerned that I was just told they are reviewing my file starting now even though I interviewed a month ago so idk why they didn’t send this right after my interview.
 
It says in the email they send after your interview is over that you can call to see the update on your application 😂 has anyone actually ever called ? I feel like they would be so annoyed after they said it could be 8-12 weeks .
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have my interview set for next Thursday with someone named Dr. Landy! Has anyone interviewed with him? Can anyone give me an example of questions that were asked in their interview? I want to be as prepared as possible 😄
 
I have my interview set for next Thursday with someone named Dr. Landy! Has anyone interviewed with him? Can anyone give me an example of questions that were asked in their interview? I want to be as prepared as possible 😄
I did not have this particular interviewer however questions were pretty average questions that you would get if you were interviewing for a job. Some standard and some behavioral (strengths/weaknesses, traveling out of country, tell me about yourself, experiences etc.). The interview is closed book meaning he won't know anything about you except your name and that you made it to the interview phase 🙂
Good luck!!
 
Got the email Friday that I was granted an interview. This is my first ever interview for veterinary school, third time applying, first time to SGU. if someone would please give me examples of what kinds of questions your interviewer asked you that would be great!! Thanks
 
I’m not sure if this has any relevance to anyone applying this year, but I was accepted for fall 2022 and deferred to fall 2023, and I just got an acceptance letter for fall 2023. So the review committee may have just met? But maybe not since I was technically already accepted
 
Got the email Friday that I was granted an interview. This is my first ever interview for veterinary school, third time applying, first time to SGU. if someone would please give me examples of what kinds of questions your interviewer asked you that would be great!! Thanks
I interviewed with SGU last year, if I am not mistaken you can look up SGU interview questions on SDN and most of them just pop up. It was definitely the most laid back interview I had. If you have my specific questions feel free to PM me.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I relate. It’s been 5 weeks since mine and the waiting sucks.
I feel that. Had mine of 9/30 and still waiting. I apparently just missed the cutoff cause for a bunch of decisions cause people who interviewed the day before already know lol
 
I feel that. Had mine of 9/30 and still waiting. I apparently just missed the cutoff cause for a bunch of decisions cause people who interviewed the day before already know lol
Mine was on 9/29 and I haven’t heard yet so not sure what you mean about a cutoff. I thinks it’s pretty random when you hear.
 
Mine was on 9/29 and I haven’t heard yet so not sure what you mean about a cutoff. I thinks it’s pretty random when you hear.
Oh weird, I thought they were doing them sort of in batches. Another person I talked to interviewed on 9/29 and got accepted alongside a lot of other people so I was not sure.
 
I interviewed 10/28, so about a week ago, the interviewer said that she couldn’t give me a timeline of when I would hear back. I just received the email a few days ago saying up to 12 weeks. So fingers crossed 🤞🏻😬
 
Really? I interviewed 10/1 and they didn’t promise I’d hear anything until January
Yeah, I was told initially I would hear back in the start of November. But I did email them today and they said it was still in committee review but they'd email me as soon as anything was decided.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If y’all get accepted are you taking your seat or waiting until you hear from more schools?? I would love to go to sgu but I’m also curious if I get into my IS school
 
If y’all get accepted are you taking your seat or waiting until you hear from more schools?? I would love to go to sgu but I’m also curious if I get into my IS school
I will wait, but if nothing in states I think it’s a lot better choice than Ross.
 
Congrats!! I’m still waiting to hear back from them too. It’s been about 3 weeks, so I’m hoping soon to getting receiving an acceptance! [emoji1695][emoji51]
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad