SGU c/o 2027

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thanks everyone! I definitely understand it might take longer than 8 weeks to hear. I’m mostly just concerned that I was just told they are reviewing my file starting now even though I interviewed a month ago so idk why they didn’t send this right after my interview.

Members don't see this ad.

Today marks 5 weeks since my interview haven’t heard anything 😭 the anticipation! This is horrible

It says in the email they send after your interview is over that you can call to see the update on your application 😂 has anyone actually ever called ? I feel like they would be so annoyed after they said it could be 8-12 weeks .

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I have my interview set for next Thursday with someone named Dr. Landy! Has anyone interviewed with him? Can anyone give me an example of questions that were asked in their interview? I want to be as prepared as possible 😄

I have my interview set for next Thursday with someone named Dr. Landy! Has anyone interviewed with him? Can anyone give me an example of questions that were asked in their interview? I want to be as prepared as possible 😄
I did not have this particular interviewer however questions were pretty average questions that you would get if you were interviewing for a job. Some standard and some behavioral (strengths/weaknesses, traveling out of country, tell me about yourself, experiences etc.). The interview is closed book meaning he won't know anything about you except your name and that you made it to the interview phase :)
Good luck!!

It says in the email they send after your interview is over that you can call to see the update on your application 😂 has anyone actually ever called ? I feel like they would be so annoyed after they said it could be 8-12 weeks .
I might try this it’s been 6 weeks for me

Got the email Friday that I was granted an interview. This is my first ever interview for veterinary school, third time applying, first time to SGU. if someone would please give me examples of what kinds of questions your interviewer asked you that would be great!! Thanks

Reactions: 1 users
I’m not sure if this has any relevance to anyone applying this year, but I was accepted for fall 2022 and deferred to fall 2023, and I just got an acceptance letter for fall 2023. So the review committee may have just met? But maybe not since I was technically already accepted

I just had my interview, I’m so glad it’s over 😅

Got the email Friday that I was granted an interview. This is my first ever interview for veterinary school, third time applying, first time to SGU. if someone would please give me examples of what kinds of questions your interviewer asked you that would be great!! Thanks
I interviewed with SGU last year, if I am not mistaken you can look up SGU interview questions on SDN and most of them just pop up. It was definitely the most laid back interview I had. If you have my specific questions feel free to PM me.

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed with the on August 25th and I didn't get my acceptance letter until October 19th. So don't lose hope if it's taking a while.

6 weeks since my interview 😔 nothing ! I haven’t received anything from anywhere.I know it’s early but the waiting is going to kill me.

I relate. It’s been 5 weeks since mine and the waiting sucks.
I feel that. Had mine of 9/30 and still waiting. I apparently just missed the cutoff cause for a bunch of decisions cause people who interviewed the day before already know lol

I feel that. Had mine of 9/30 and still waiting. I apparently just missed the cutoff cause for a bunch of decisions cause people who interviewed the day before already know lol
Mine was on 9/29 and I haven’t heard yet so not sure what you mean about a cutoff. I thinks it’s pretty random when you hear.

Mine was on 9/29 and I haven’t heard yet so not sure what you mean about a cutoff. I thinks it’s pretty random when you hear.
Oh weird, I thought they were doing them sort of in batches. Another person I talked to interviewed on 9/29 and got accepted alongside a lot of other people so I was not sure.

I interviewed on 9/23 and emailed them for an update and they said it’s still in review and a decision has not been made yet 😭😭

I interviewed 10/28, so about a week ago, the interviewer said that she couldn’t give me a timeline of when I would hear back. I just received the email a few days ago saying up to 12 weeks. So fingers crossed 🤞🏻😬

Really? I interviewed 10/1 and they didn’t promise I’d hear anything until January
Yeah, I was told initially I would hear back in the start of November. But I did email them today and they said it was still in committee review but they'd email me as soon as anything was decided.

Can they automatically waitlist you in the fall but accept you for January even if you didn’t apply for January?

Can they automatically waitlist you in the fall but accept you for January even if you didn’t apply for January?
I could be wrong, but I think I saw a few people in last years thread that had this happen! Because the fall semester filled up very fast.

I’ve gotten nothing 😭 going on 7 weeks since my interview
I’m past 7 weeks, heading close to 8! I feel you, the suspense is killing me on top of waiting to hear from my other schools 😫

If y’all get accepted are you taking your seat or waiting until you hear from more schools?? I would love to go to sgu but I’m also curious if I get into my IS school

If y’all get accepted are you taking your seat or waiting until you hear from more schools?? I would love to go to sgu but I’m also curious if I get into my IS school
I would prefer to stay in the states so I think I’m going to wait and see.

I will wait, but if nothing in states I think it’s a lot better choice than Ross.

It’s been like 7 weeks since my interview and I can’t stop checking my email constantly 😭😬

Congrats to you guys for being accepted!!! I interviewed on 9/30 and still waiting. I don't have hope lol

• Care
Congrats!! I’m still waiting to hear back from them too. It’s been about 3 weeks, so I’m hoping soon to getting receiving an acceptance!

I'm rooting for you both!! I interviewed on 9/22, and both the interviewer and email stated that I would likely hear back in 12 weeks from then.
Omg an hour after I posted I got accepted! Anyone who emailed around 9/30 or after check your emails!!! Seems like they’re sending them out!!!

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
I may be dreaming, but I got accepted today!!!

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
just received my acceptance today!!!! i am so happy i literally screamed. it looks like such an incredible experience. (my interview was 10/4 for anyone wondering, my acceptance came exactly 6 weeks afterwards)

• Love
Reactions: 10 users