SGU January 2008 Class

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm from San Jose, CA and went to undergrad at UCDavis, if that counts! I'm in DC now though... anyone in the DC area?

Yeah UCD counts!! Yeah I'm in NJ right now but will be heading back to Sac soon...I actually lived in San Jose for a few years when I was younger! Yay for NorCal!

Members don't see this ad.

Considering some of your guys' stats, particularly the mid 3 gpas and 30 mcats, it seems like you all would be compettitive for US allo schools.

If some of you guys dont mind me asking, did you apply to any US schools, or was SGU your first choice?

Considering some of your guys' stats, particularly the mid 3 gpas and 30 mcats, it seems like you all would be compettitive for US allo schools.

If some of you guys dont mind me asking, did you apply to any US schools, or was SGU your first choice?

I applied twice to US schools and didn't get in. Instead of applying for a third time, I opted to go to SGU.

Members don't see this ad :)

If some of you guys dont mind me asking, did you apply to any US schools, or was SGU your first choice?[/QUOTE]

I don't think anyone has SGU has their first choice. Getting into any US school is usually on top of the list. after not getting in to US schools, people try overseas....
as for me, i applied twice and then instead of applying the third time, applied to SGU and got accepted and will be going there.

For me it was more about timing...I spent this last year after college doing a masters program and probably should've focused more on bringing up my MCAT score. I decided to go for SGU instead of taking another year or two off trying to bring that score up and applying...I just wanted to get started.

hey peppy6, i'm from sacramento proper i guess.. but i'm going to be doing the foundations program this term and then hopefully start the md program in january so i will see you all on the island!

in terms of why i choose sgu, after an unsuccessful application cycle this year i was looking at post-baccs and reapplying.. i did get into the ones i applied to (georgetown and drexel), however i just don't think i have the stamina to reapply and wait again. like others have mentioned, i too would rather just get started and sgu will give me an opportunity to work hard and prove myself

Hi guys, I was just wondering...should I buy the medical kit that was mentioned in the admission packet? I know I'll buy one at some point but I wasn't sure if there'd be use for it while on the island. Thanks!

Everything I've been hearing is that we don't need the medical kit our first year. Plus, I understand that the case it comes in is small and you'd almost be better off getting your own bag and other materials.

So, for those of you who've been accepted for Jan. '08 start: Have you recieved any information about housing or finacial aid yet? I'm thinking it's starting to get close and I'd like to konw what I'll be having for aid and who I'll be living with.

Hi guys, I was just wondering...should I buy the medical kit that was mentioned in the admission packet? I know I'll buy one at some point but I wasn't sure if there'd be use for it while on the island. Thanks!

I am a first term SGU student: you don't need the entire medical kit right away. but you need a sthetoscope for living anatomy the first semester.

So, for those of you who've been accepted for Jan. '08 start: Have you recieved any information about housing or finacial aid yet? I'm thinking it's starting to get close and I'd like to konw what I'll be having for aid and who I'll be living with.

Housing information: you'd probably get a month or so in advance...but i would give the financial aid people a call.