You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
SGU (St. George's University) c/o 2024
Started by Sunshine in a Storm
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I just received my acceptance into SGU for Fall 2020. I’m very excited!!!
Congratulations! We might be classmates!!

SBS From NJ
Full Member
Congrats. Hoping to hear something soon, but my interview was a few weeks later than yours...10/20 so I’ve got some weeks to go.I just received my acceptance into SGU for Fall 2020. I’m very excited!!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I still haven't heard anything back yet (Interviewed 10/17). Even though they said it would take weeks to get back it is always so nerve wracking when there is radio silence.Congrats. Hoping to hear something soon, but my interview was a few weeks later than yours...10/20 so I’ve got some weeks to go.
SBS From NJ
Full Member
It starts the minute you submit your applications and last until you commit...and that’s if you get accepted. Nerve wracking is an understatement!!!I still haven't heard anything back yet (Interviewed 10/17). Even though they said it would take weeks to get back it is always so nerve wracking when there is radio silence.
futurepupsaver
New Member
If there is anyone starting in January, do you know if it is possible to message your assigned roommate for on campus housing? I’d like to get the know them before coming but I can’t figure out how to message them.
Usually there is a message button in the housing portal system that allows you to communicate with your roommates or you can try to find them on facebook.If there is anyone starting in January, do you know if it is possible to message your assigned roommate for on campus housing? I’d like to get the know them before coming but I can’t figure out how to message them.
Are there any Canadians applying to or attending SGU who would be able to offer some financial advice? I’m having trouble with getting a line of credit. Does anyone know how much SGU will award through their International Peace Bursary?
futurepupsaver
New Member
Thanks. I am able to send a message to suggested roommates but the actual roommate that I’m assigned to does not have a message button. All I know is her screen name and I’m not sure how to get contact information from that. Is there any secrets I don’t know about? Lol.Usually there is a message button in the housing portal system that allows you to communicate with your roommates or you can try to find them on facebook.
I'm not sure if they have the setting turned off then to message people. The username when I applied was the first letter of your first name and then your last name, so I mostly looked people up on facebook that way. Then compared the profiles I saw with what was wrote in the bio.Thanks. I am able to send a message to suggested roommates but the actual roommate that I’m assigned to does not have a message button. All I know is her screen name and I’m not sure how to get contact information from that. Is there any secrets I don’t know about? Lol.
DawgLover206
New Member
I just heard back via email and I am accepted into the class of FALL 2020!! I interviewed Oct 12! So it took about 4-5 weeks!
I was accepted via email for Fall 2020 today! I interviewed October 17th!
Wow stressing. I interviewed Oct 14th. I never got an email that my interview materials were submitted. I had emailed a week after the interview though asking if anything needed submitted and she said that as of now they didn’t need anything further. I suppose if I don’t hear anything in the next few days I should email
SBS From NJ
Full Member
Congratulations to everyone who got their acceptances. I was interviewed on 10/20 (Sunday) and didn’t get the email that my application was going in for final review until 11/1 which was 12 days later. My interviewer said she would submit her review the following weekend and once SGU receives that they finalize ur app. That takes a day or two. Krista said it would be about 4-6 weeks from the 11/1 date so as of today I’m at 3 weeks even though it’s been 5 since the interview. Got a few more weeks of waiting although I’m hopeful for next week!!!! Would make for an extra special Thanksgiving!!! Looking back at past threads it seems acceptances always seem to go out on Thursdays and Friday’s.
I spoke with Krista regarding the matter and she told me in order to be placed into the DVM program you have to successfully complete the foundation program and the exam at the end PSVCE. Also the large animal experience was specifically for my application as I have no large animal experience under my belt. Tuition can be refunded if withdrawal is done by certain deadlines which she then directed me to billing for more info. Don’t even know what to do since I haven’t heard back from other schools and by the time I hear back I’ll be on a plane to Grenada.I doubt they would refund the tuition for the Foundation program if you complete it successfully, but decide to attend another school for the DVM program. The expectation with the Foundation program is that you complete it and then start the DVM program with SGU. I don't know of anyone who completed Foundations and then went to a different school for the rest of the program, but maybe it's possible?![]()
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Karensings2cats
VMCVM DVM-MPH c/o 2024
Ahhh I interviewed Oct 21st and got my final determination email the 24th. I would love to have that acceptance email before Christmas so I can exhale a little.
When did ya u get your email from admissions saying they have all materials and will get back to you in x-weeks?Ahhh I interviewed Oct 21st and got my final determination email the 24th. I would love to have that acceptance email before Christmas so I can exhale a little.
Karensings2cats
VMCVM DVM-MPH c/o 2024
I submitted via VMCAS on 9/17 and immediately got the "we received your application," then interview invitation on 10/7, follow up with my interviewer's details on 10/8 (I had to get in touch with her to settle date and time, then reply to SGU confirming the appointment was set). The "final determination" email gave me a little heart attack - from the subject line I thought it was the decision email - but that was just to say, we have your interviewer's feedback which is the final piece, so now you wait.When did ya u get your email from admissions saying they have all materials and will get back to you in x-weeks?
Ahhh I interviewed Oct 21st and got my final determination email the 24th. I would love to have that acceptance email before Christmas so I can exhale a little.
Did you hear back yet? I interviewed and got my final determination on the same days as you and am still waiting for a final answer...
I also interviewed around the same time and still haven't heard anything back about final decisions. I guess they are backed up with applications? Hopefully since it's almost 6 weeks since the final determination email we'll get a response soon.Did you hear back yet? I interviewed and got my final determination on the same days as you and am still waiting for a final answer...
I interviewed on Oct 12th and was told they wouldn’t have my answer till December 13th!I also interviewed around the same time and still haven't heard anything back about final decisions. I guess they are backed up with applications? Hopefully since it's almost 6 weeks since the final determination email we'll get a response soon.
Thank you for the info!!!I interviewed on Oct 12th and was told they wouldn’t have my answer till December 13th!
It seems kind of random? I had my interview on October 13 and got my acceptance on November 7th. A good friend of mine interviewed a couple weeks before me but didn’t get her acceptance until last week.
Karensings2cats
VMCVM DVM-MPH c/o 2024
I didn't yet. Stalking that inbox though!Did you hear back yet? I interviewed and got my final determination on the same days as you and am still waiting for a final answer...
futurepupsaver
New Member
I'm not sure if they have the setting turned off then to message people. The username when I applied was the first letter of your first name and then your last name, so I mostly looked people up on facebook that way. Then compared the profiles I saw with what was wrote in the bio.
In case anyone else has this issue, you simply add @sgu.edu to their username and that’s their email.If there is anyone starting in January, do you know if it is possible to message your assigned roommate for on campus housing? I’d like to get the know them before coming but I can’t figure out how to message them.
Received an email that I was accepted today!!!! Still have several schools to hear back from but so excited that I’ll be going somewhere next year for sure!!! I’m gonna be a vet 

SGU sent me a “Determination Deadline Update” on dec 5 saying I should hear back by the 13th. I guess they have a lot of apps to get through.
Karensings2cats
VMCVM DVM-MPH c/o 2024
Hoping for this same feeling... An exhale! Congratulations Future Dr. Disney!!!!Received an email that I was accepted today!!!! Still have several schools to hear back from but so excited that I’ll be going somewhere next year for sure!!! I’m gonna be a vet![]()
Thank you!!! I hope you hear back soon and get your exhale too! I first started volunteering for animal experience 10 years ago and it’s such a massive relief that all the years I’ve poured into this will finally be worth it!Hoping for this same feeling... An exhale! Congratulations Future Dr. Disney!!!!
Karensings2cats
VMCVM DVM-MPH c/o 2024
Yes, after the many years of preparation, family and friends keep saying they believe in me and have no doubts, but you all on this forum know it's not real quite yet.Thank you!!! I hope you hear back soon and get your exhale too! I first started volunteering for animal experience 10 years ago and it’s such a massive relief that all the years I’ve poured into this will finally be worth it!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Karensings2cats
VMCVM DVM-MPH c/o 2024
Just got an email that my decision will be sent 12/23. I interviewed 10/21.
It does seem as though it's all pretty random. I e-mailed Krista for an update today and she said I may not hear until the end of January because of the holidays. Different timelines for everyone I guess! I interviewed 10/21 as well.
SBS From NJ
Full Member
It is very random. I received an email today stating I would receive an admissions decision on 12/23. I interviewed 10/19 but didn’t receive my final determination email until 11/1. Either it’s going to be a great Christmas or a Humbug!!!
Does anyone know if SGU sends out rejections at a certain time? Like if we’re supposed to hear back by 12/13, are most acceptances or rejections or a mix? Worried about a rejection since it’s been so long!
Griver11
New Member
I got the exact same email yesterday about receiving an email on the 23rd for final determination. I interviewed on 10/22. I was thinking the same thing that would be a terrible date to reject someone- right before the holidays. 🙁 hoping for the best.It is very random. I received an email today stating I would receive an admissions decision on 12/23. I interviewed 10/19 but didn’t receive my final determination email until 11/1. Either it’s going to be a great Christmas or a Humbug!!!
I got the exact same email yesterday about receiving an email on the 23rd for final determination. I interviewed on 10/22. I was thinking the same thing that would be a terrible date to reject someone- right before the holidays. 🙁 hoping for the best.
I have my fingers crossed for all of you! I interviewed mid-October and heard back on December 28th last year. I haven’t heard of many people getting rejections. From what I’ve heard and read on here, once you’ve been granted an interview, you either get accepted for the term you applied or waitlisted for that term and accepted for the following term.
SBS From NJ
Full Member
That's good to know,,,,,I would hate to think they send out rejections right before Christmas, but then again they wouldn't be the only school to do so. Thanks for that response!!!
Anyone else told they would hear by today and hasn’t heard yet? Hoping to get that email!
accepted to foundation program. Really bummed about it. I know less people apply to the January term. Is there a way to not accept foundations but apply in January and get accepted into the dvm class? Or do you think I’ll be put back in it anyway?
Congratulations on the acceptance! You could ask Krista if it would be possible to be placed in the AEP if you deferred to January and see what she says.accepted to foundation program. Really bummed about it. I know less people apply to the January term. Is there a way to not accept foundations but apply in January and get accepted into the dvm class? Or do you think I’ll be put back in it anyway?
What is the difference between AEP and foundations?Congratulations on the acceptance! You could ask Krista if it would be possible to be placed in the AEP if you deferred to January and see what she says.
Will you post her response?What is the difference between AEP and foundations?
I was also accepted for the VFP. I also struggled with this at first, but I’m telling myself it will only help me in the long run if it is where I choose to attend. As long as you keep the 3.0, you’re still going to attend vet school! After some researching it seems that the students that enroll in VFP do very well in the program, someone said they are usually in the top 30% of the class. So to both of us, chin up!

I believe with AEP (academic enhancement program) you start in DVM term 1 but are required to attend DES sessions weekly for first term. You’re assigned a faculty advisor to help you along the way. Here’s the link for more info!What is the difference between AEP and foundations?
Department of Educational Services | St. George's University
The Department of Educational Services (DES) play a key role in supporting all students and faculty at St. George's University, Grenada. Find out more here!
I have also heard VFP students do very well! You’ll have the added bonus of getting acquainted with the school before starting DVM term 1.Will you post her response?
I was also accepted for the VFP. I also struggled with this at first, but I’m telling myself it will only help me in the long run if it is where I choose to attend. As long as you keep the 3.0, you’re still going to attend vet school! After some researching it seems that the students that enroll in VFP do very well in the program, someone said they are usually in the top 30% of the class. So to both of us, chin up!![]()
She replied saying she would ask the SCOA about it!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
future_dogtor96
New Member
Hi everyone! I saw a few of you were accepted into FTV and were debating it (I was in your same exact position a year ago so I know how you feel) or had questions about it- I just finished the program and was promoted to term 1 in January so feel free to message me any questions or concerns! Congrats guys😊
Does anyone know if nitrile gloves are an acceptable substitute for latex gloves? I know some schools only allow latex or vinyl.
Those should be fine. They never look or ask about the types of gloves you're wearing for anatomy.Does anyone know if nitrile gloves are an acceptable substitute for latex gloves? I know some schools only allow latex or vinyl.
Karensings2cats
VMCVM DVM-MPH c/o 2024
Accepted today! I'll be declining as I got accepted to one of my top choices already. Good luck y'all!
SBS From NJ
Full Member
Accepted today for Fall of 2020!! I have 3 more interviews to get through in January but I’m so grateful to have this offer. Thank you SGU for this Christmas gift!!!