St. George's 2025-2026 (c/o 2030 hopefuls)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For those still waiting, if the 12-week mark has passed, email admissions. I did, and they told me I would hear an update very soon, and I received an acceptance.
I emailed yesterday admissions director got back to me today and told me due to the holidays decisions were pushed back and applicants are expected to hear back closer to mid February
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just received an acceptance for Spring 2027 and waitlisted for Fall 2026. The letter said the Fall was full. I had just submitted my Fall 2025 transcript.
 
Damn still waiting for a final determination over here. Applied 9/9/25 interviewed on 10/29/25, fall of 25 grades were submitted to admissions staff Jan 14th....hopefully ill hear a decision soon
 
Is anyone interested in an accepted students group chat? Im putting down my deposit today to accept my seat and want to get to know other students before I go there this fall.
 
Is anyone interested in an accepted students group chat? Im putting down my deposit today to accept my seat and want to get to know other students before I go there this fall.
I’m down! Definitely will be helpful being able to talk to people about the moving process and everything! 🙂
 
A few questions for anyone currently living in Grenada:
-what apartments are safe, pet friendly, and affordable? (looking for a 1 bedroom 1 bathroom, as i will be moving with my husband)
-if you’re from the US, what phone plan do you recommend?
-average electricity costs?

I would be super grateful to anyone who could help me out! thanks in advance!
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
A few questions for anyone currently living in Grenada:
-what apartments are safe, pet friendly, and affordable? (looking for a 1 bedroom 1 bathroom, as i will be moving with my husband)
-if you’re from the US, what phone plan do you recommend?
-average electricity costs?

I would be super grateful to anyone who could help me out! thanks in advance!
hey! i am also incoming but the guide made by dr kilgore is super helpful combined with some sdn and reddit forums 🙂 im trying to find the actual pdf now, otherwise i have it imported into my google drive so lmk if you want access to it - hopefully i or someone else can find the pdf link so its accessible to everyone that sees this
 
hey! i am also incoming but the guide made by dr kilgore is super helpful combined with some sdn and reddit forums 🙂 im trying to find the actual pdf now, otherwise i have it imported into my google drive so lmk if you want access to it - hopefully i or someone else can find the pdf link so its accessible to everyone that sees this
maybe this will work!
 

Attachments

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
A few questions for anyone currently living in Grenada:
-what apartments are safe, pet friendly, and affordable? (looking for a 1 bedroom 1 bathroom, as i will be moving with my husband)
-if you’re from the US, what phone plan do you recommend?
-average electricity costs?

I would be super grateful to anyone who could help me out! thanks in advance!
Hi! Current 3rd year SGU student here! For apartments I had better luck with private landlords, especially for finding more affordable options. I recommend scoping out the housing facebook pages and referencing the landlord blacklist for student experiences. As far as safety- I have lived in both true blue and LAE and I personally never had any issues, but I have friends have some scary experiences in LAE (one had her house broken into and another was robbed walking home late at night). My best advice (especially if you aren't able to come down to look at apartments) is to find a student advertising for their landlord and ask what their experience has been, or to ask the landlord if you can speak to the current tenant. And to take the obvious precautions (lock your doors, don't walk alone at night, etc).

Most people I know do not have an international phone plan and rely on wifi. This works fine for me, with the caveat that I have AT&T and they offer an international day pass for $10ish/day so when I'm in a situation where I truly do need service I can just turn on data. If your current phone plan doesn't offer something similar I would highly recommend some kind of international/local plan for emergencies. There have been situations where I've needed to call a taxi and haven't been able to find wifi, or I've needed to contact someone in the US and for whatever reason wifi calling wouldn't work. Some of my friends have international coverage through verizon (I want to say they pay ~$150/ month but fact check that). Getting a local sim card is also an option, but if your phone is under contract through a US carrier you may have hoops to jump through to get it unlocked. I looked into this when I first got here and I think they were typically $40-50/month, and I found that I needed to use my day pass less than 4 times/month so it just wasn't worth it.

Electric is highly variable honestly, based on where you live and what your usage is like. I've paid anywhere in the range from $100-250 USD/month. Typically older apartments have more expensive electric than newer ones due to inefficiency. The biggest variability for usage is how much you run your A/C, and if you have a dryer/how much you use it. My friend and I live in the same building and I run my A/C more because my apartment is more exposed to the sun and heats up more throughout the day. I also hang dry all my laundry whereas she uses her dryer so we typically end up paying around the same amount.

If anyone else has other questions about SGU/Grenada lmk and I can try to help!
 
I’m also going in the fall, I’ve been racking my brain for stuff I might need to get before going off to the island, has anyone given much thought to this?
 
I just withdrew my enrollment so hopefully one of you on the waitlist hears from them soon!
Good luck to everyone and safe travels!
 
Last edited: