shadowing hours confirmation

Started by mudiwa
This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

mudiwa

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
i was wondering if the schools confirm with the optometrist as to the number of hours you have shadowed? i shadowed one optometrist more than a year ago and i am not sure of the exact number of hours and i did not want to put down aomething that is way off so i was wondering if they check.
 
mudiwa said:
i was wondering if the schools confirm with the optometrist as to the number of hours you have shadowed? i shadowed one optometrist more than a year ago and i am not sure of the exact number of hours and i did not want to put down aomething that is way off so i was wondering if they check.


I would highly doubt this to be true. If I was a betting man I say 99% of the time they never do. BUT, I think as you enter into a profession, that's its an honor application you submit. I wouldn't want to sleep with false information that I submitted. And it asks what kind of ethics you have, If you're willing to cheat on your shadowing, you're probably someone that will chat other aspects of patient care.

I'm not saying you would do any of these things, but any applicant in general.
 
i doubt its a matter of cheating but of being so absolutely sure that you put the correct info. i got intouch with the optometrist i shadowed and gave me the hours i was there so my problem wwas solved but thanks for the comment 😉