Shadowing in Tampa (USF)?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Aviat0r

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, I'm looking to shadow dentists around the USF area or even all the way to St.Pete. I emailed a couple of dentists about shadowing but haven't gotten a response yet. Any tips on how to allow dentists to let a student shadow them?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey, I'm looking to shadow dentists around the USF area or even all the way to St.Pete. I emailed a couple of dentists about shadowing but haven't gotten a response yet. Any tips on how to allow dentists to let a student shadow them?

Just call them or stop by in person. In my opinion, the more personal it is the better, i.e. asking in person is better than calling over the phone which is better than sending out an email.

Some will let you shadow, others wont. Most will let you shadow.

Personally, I just called every single one and I've never been turned away.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Just call them or stop by in person. In my opinion, the more personal it is the better, i.e. asking in person is better than calling over the phone which is better than sending out an email.

Some will let you shadow, others wont. Most will let you shadow.

Personally, I just called every single one and I've never been turned away.

When you called them, did they ask for your name, write down your number, and say they will get back to you? if so did they actually get back to you?

Members don't see this ad :)
Cold call. Walk in and drop resumes off. Change your dentist to one in the area and ask him/her.

Reactions: 1 user
I just did emails. I shadowed a dentist at Greenberg Dental, 5-10 mins away from USF

Reactions: 1 user
I just did emails. I shadowed a dentist at Greenberg Dental, 5-10 mins away from USF

How did you find emails for dentists? for example I'm on the Greenberg dental website and can't find any emails just the phone number of the office

How did you find emails for dentists? for example I'm on the Greenberg dental website and can't find any emails just the phone number of the office
I honestly can’t remember it’s been a while. But you can maybe ask people in the predental society. Or look at USF shadowing website and see what info you can find

You can also try calling and if they are accepting shadowers then they’ll usually give you an email to contact someone