Shadowing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cwfergus

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, so i went to my hospital today and they told me that in the NWT (where i live) you cannot shadow physicians because of liability purposes and insurance.

SOO i am going to university in the fall, and i was wondering if university hospitals or just regular hospitals were best to shadow/volunteer at? which would be more willing to do so?

thanks alot

Members don't see this ad.

Hey, so i went to my hospital today and they told me that in the NWT (where i live) you cannot shadow physicians because of liability purposes and insurance.

SOO i am going to university in the fall, and i was wondering if university hospitals or just regular hospitals were best to shadow/volunteer at? which would be more willing to do so?

thanks alot

I think this is all going to depend on the physcian that you shadow. You want someone that wants you there and will really give you honest/good feeback as you are going along. It is even better if you are able to shadow in a specialty that you are interested in. It will give you a much better veiw of the kind of medicine you may want to consider practicing one day and also make for a much more interesting day of shadowing.:)