Share your stock Entry and Exit as you make them thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Pulled 1k back out of eth (wife’s account) at 1230 to lock in the .26 Eth gain.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Pulled 1k back out of eth (wife’s account) at 1230 to lock in the .26 Eth gain.

Do you reinvest that gain? What price will you reenter? I failed miserably, sold at 1144 then got back in at 1188 and 1218. I'm still up 4% after selling low and buying high, I'm kinda embarrassed to be up right now.

Members don't see this ad :)
anyone buy BNGO... wish I found out about it pre New Years

I see a lot of people here only own one type of crypto like BTC or ETH. I just put 10k in ETH but would it be better to diversify this with some other crypto like DOT and ADA or is this asking for trouble? Everyone says to diversify with stocks.

Road to 100k stocks: $52,491
Question - but what do you plan to do when you hit 100k stocks?

I ask because that was an initial target for me too but I passed it around 3.5 years of playing the market. I debate on pulling it out but can't decide where I would put it. Its enough to consider decent sum of capital but not enough to pay off mortgage, or make passive income, and far from life changing. I guess its enough to put a down payment on a 2nd piece of real estate but I dont have a strong desire to go there at the moment

I ask because that was an initial target for me too but I passed it around 3.5 years of playing the market. I debate on pulling it out but can't decide where I would put it. Its enough to consider decent sum of capital but not enough to pay off mortgage, or make passive income, and far from life changing. I guess its enough to put a down payment on a 2nd piece of real estate but I dont have a strong desire to go there at the moment

Try to get to 200k.

Reactions: 2 users
Wow went big

I started playing the SPAC game about a month ago. Right now I'm sitting on CCIV, GRSV-W, FIII-W, GNRS-W, CFII-W, IPOE-W, IPOF-W DMYD, VGAC, IPV, APXT

On all of them I bought in well before the hype/close to NAV (save for CCIV - which I bought as soon as trading unhalted). In the last two weeks I started playing the warrant game instead for the higher potential rewards. To give an idea FIIIW I'm up 52%, GRSVW 57% and GNRSW 61%. If I could go back I would have bought CCIV-W but they popped so much so fast I figured for sure they would come back down, but I guess not.

I started playing the SPAC game about a month ago. Right now I'm sitting on CCIV, GRSV-W, FIII-W, GNRS-W, CFII-W, IPOE-W, IPOF-W DMYD, VGAC, IPV, APXT

On all of them I bought in well before the hype/close to NAV (save for CCIV - which I bought as soon as trading unhalted). In the last two weeks I started playing the warrant game instead for the higher potential rewards. To give an idea FIIIW I'm up 52%, GRSVW 57% and GNRSW 61%. If I could go back I would have bought CCIV-W but they popped so much so fast I figured for sure they would come back down, but I guess not.

Do you buy the warrants to exercise them later or are you just trading them?

Try to get to 200k.
Yeah pretty much my next immediate target. I hope to hit 200k by summer...but next milestone is really my mortgage balance (like 315k). Beyond that...enough for passive income on its own apart from retirement accounts.

Do you buy the warrants to exercise them later or are you just trading them?

Just trade them - I'm hoping to never have to exercise one, it means I wasn't paying attention and they got called in. The warrants behave more like options - they are really volatile. If the main stock goes up 4% the warrants are up 15%, but it works in the opposite direction too. Knock on wood, so far it's been a very lucrative venture for me.

Just trade them - I'm hoping to never have to exercise one, it means I wasn't paying attention and they got called in. The warrants behave more like options - they are really volatile. If the main stock goes up 4% the warrants are up 15%, but it works in the opposite direction too. Knock on wood, so far it's been a very lucrative venture for me.

For crypto, do you buy any alt coins? Sounds like everyone here only buys BTC or ETH. Seems like getting a high risk coin like DOT or ADA is the same thing as buying a high risk penny stock like ZOM?

Members don't see this ad :)
What is a warrant vs call?

For crypto, do you buy any alt coins? Sounds like everyone here only buys BTC or ETH. Seems like getting a high risk coin like DOT or ADA is the same thing as buying a high risk penny stock like ZOM?
DOT since 4.50

Do you reinvest that gain? What price will you reenter? I failed miserably, sold at 1144 then got back in at 1188 and 1218. I'm still up 4% after selling low and buying high, I'm kinda embarrassed to be up right now.

With my wife's account, she has the goal of making 5k in quick gains. As part that I originally bought 3k in BTC, switched to MKR and sold it at 4k, put the 1k of profit into Eth at 970 and just pulled it with the goal of acquiring more ETH. She's not sure if she really wants to pull it all at 5k profit, leave in the extra to ride as house money, or leave it all there to grow over the longer term. My job is to make sure the account doesn't lose value unnecessarily.

ITMPF another hydrogen stock for your watchlists.

Just ETH - I was going to buy some Link but never did and now am happy about that (it's down last I checked from where I would have bought in). In my mind crypto is more high risk, even if it truly isn't.

What is a warrant vs call?

Sorry in advance if you don't need this long explanation. I spent months trying to understand options so if you're like I was I'll try to help out. The more I think about it the more similar they truly are. A call is an option, which literally means it gives you the option to buy 100 shares of stock X at a future price that you determine when you buy the call. As an example, right now stock X is trading for $3.50 a share. I buy a $5.00 call for February 28th for $0.50. This gives me the right to buy 100 shares of Stock X on Feb 28th for $5 regardless of what it is trading at. For getting the option to do this, I paid someone a premium (in this case $0.50/share, or $50 for 100 shares). If the stock doesn't hit $5, I lose all $50. But, if the stock goes up to $7.00, I still get to buy it for $5. Now that $0.50 I spent on each share has paid me back $1.50 in gains. So it lets you trade less money for higher rewards, but the risk is if the stock doesn't hit $5.00 I lost everything. If I bought the shares they wouldn't have become worthless, but the potential return is lower.

To visualize this - you buy $50 worth of stock X at $3.50 and on Feb 28th it's worth $7/share - you made $50 or 100% return on investment.
You buy a $0.50 call ($50 total) at a $5 strike price - meaning you paid $5.50 for each share (the strike price plus what you paid to get to buy it there). On Feb 28th when it's $7/share you get your 100 shares worth $7 each, which you immediately sell and make $1.50 on each share, or $150 total. Now you have a 300% return on the same stock for the same amount of initial money.

Warrants are similar - they give you the option to buy a share at a predetermined future price (for most SPACs this is $11.50, but varies). Similar to the above example, if you buy shares for $10, a warrant is essentially worthless because the shares are cheaper than the exercise price. However, if the price goes up to $20 (like CCIV), if you bought shares at $10 you doubled your money. With the warrants, if you bought them for $1 when the share was at $10, they'll shoot up to $8.50 if the stock is at $20 and you'll make a 750% return. The risk is if the SPAC never finds a target the warrants expire worthless and you're out all the money you spent on them.

Warrants get called in at the discretion of the stocks board - they usually have an expiry of 5 years from the date of inception but if you look at someone like FSR they called in their warrants 6 weeks ago, so if you were holding them you had to execute them or sell them.

Hopefully this makes some degree of sense. If you need any clarification or if anyone sees somewhere I'm wrong please let me know.

ITMPF another hydrogen stock for your watchlists.
Added! Thanks!

Last edited:
Just ETH - I was going to buy some Link but never did and now am happy about that (it's down last I checked from where I would have bought in). In my mind crypto is more high risk, even if it truly isn't.

Sorry in advance if you don't need this long explanation. I spent months trying to understand options so if you're like I was I'll try to help out. The more I think about it the more similar they truly are. A call is an option, which literally means it gives you the option to buy 100 shares of stock X at a future price that you determine when you buy the call. As an example, right now stock X is trading for $3.50 a share. I buy a $5.00 call for February 28th for $0.50. This gives me the right to buy 100 shares of Stock X on Feb 28th for $5 regardless of what it is trading at. For getting the option to do this, I paid someone a premium (in this case $0.50/share, or $50 for 100 shares). If the stock doesn't hit $5, I lose all $50. But, if the stock goes up to $7.00, I still get to buy it for $5. Now that $0.50 I spent on each share has paid me back $1.50 in gains. So it lets you trade less money for higher rewards, but the risk is if the stock doesn't hit $5.00 I lost everything. If I bought the shares they wouldn't have become worthless, but the potential return is lower.

To visualize this - you buy $50 worth of stock X at $3.50 and on Feb 28th it's worth $7/share - you made $50 or 100% return on investment.
You buy a $0.50 call ($50 total) at a $5 strike price - meaning you paid $5.50 for each share (the strike price plus what you paid to get to buy it there). On Feb 28th when it's $7/share you get your 100 shares worth $7 each, which you immediately sell and make $1.50 on each share, or $150 total. Now you have a 300% return on the same stock for the same amount of initial money.

Warrants are similar - they give you the option to buy a share at a predetermined future price (for most SPACs this is $11.50, but varies). Similar to the above example, if you buy shares for $10, a warrant is essentially worthless because the shares are cheaper than the exercise price. However, if the price goes up to $20 (like CCIV), if you bought shares at $10 you doubled your money. With the warrants, if you bought them for $1 when the share was at $10, they'll shoot up to $8.50 if the stock is at $20 and you'll make a 750% return. The risk is if the SPAC never finds a target the warrants expire worthless and you're out all the money you spent on them.

Warrants get called in at the discretion of the stocks board - they usually have an expiry of 5 years from the date of inception but if you look at someone like FSR they called in their warrants 6 weeks ago, so if you were holding them you had to execute them or sell them.

Hopefully this makes some degree of sense. If you need any clarification or if anyone sees somewhere I'm wrong please let me know.

Added! Thanks!

So basically a warrant is like an option but only for 1 share vs 100, with no expiration.

I've never bought warranty. Are their tickers just the normal ticket with a W after it?

So basically a warrant is like an option but only for 1 share vs 100, with no expiration.

I've never bought warranty. Are their tickers just the normal ticket with a W after it?

Warrants can expire worthless. Yes it's typically the ticker with a W after it, depends on your broker. There are also units, typically the ticker with a U after it which is a common share + warrant together.

Bought back into ETH yesterday at 1188 and 1218, then sold all today at 1234. Looks like it's going down again, hoping to reenter around 1050.

Bought back into ETH yesterday at 1188 and 1218, then sold all today at 1234. Looks like it's going down again, hoping to reenter around 1050.
Im all about opportunities, but you’re braver than me to try to play the market like this.

Im all about opportunities, but you’re braver than me to try to play the market like this.

I don't really have a plan I think I'm just not comfortable going all in with one crypto. Kinda feel like I should get some BTC and a some alt coins too.

I don’t think that owning some bitcoin would necessarily be a bad idea, especially if you planned on holding it for awhile. It has already gone over twice of the previous bull runs all-time high, which is why I don’t think it will perform better in the near future than ETH.

As far as alt coins are concerned, I don’t see why you shouldn’t dabble in it if you’re willing to tolerate the risk. They can make some pretty good gains very fast, but if you want to do your research on a coin, check out what it was doing back in December 2017 through the spring of 2018, and compare prices accordingly period a lot of them achieved hi gains, but did not keep them. Omg and Link would be good examples. Just be sure to take the gains.

“Alt season” is a term used to describe the influx of money into alt coins after bitcoin has received a surge. My understanding is that it’s because people get tired of waiting for bitcoin to go up and sell the market Tries to find return in the smaller coins.

I don’t think that owning some bitcoin would necessarily be a bad idea, especially if you planned on holding it for awhile. It has already gone over twice of the previous bull runs all-time high, which is why I don’t think it will perform better in the near future than ETH.

As far as alt coins are concerned, I don’t see why you shouldn’t dabble in it if you’re willing to tolerate the risk. They can make some pretty good gains very fast, but if you want to do your research on a coin, check out what it was doing back in December 2017 through the spring of 2018, and compare prices accordingly period a lot of them achieved hi gains, but did not keep them. Omg and Link would be good examples. Just be sure to take the gains.

“Alt season” is a term used to describe the influx of money into alt coins after bitcoin has received a surge. My understanding is that it’s because people get tired of waiting for bitcoin to go up and sell the market Tries to find return in the smaller coins.

Great advice thanks! I'm waiting for Polkadot to dip a little for staking. I like that you can unstake at any time. ETH staking makes me nervous cause there's no timeframe to unstake. I also read on Kraken that your staked ETH can be lost forever if ETH 2.0 is never completed.

Thinking something like:
40% ETH
40% BTC
10% DOT
10% ADA

You don't have to tell me twice to take out profits before something drops LoL.

Last edited:
If Eth 2.0 is never completed then all the ETH loses value anyways, so I’m not very concerned about that. My goals are pretty simple, I’ve calculated how much I needed to gain the measure of financial independence that I feel is feasible to gain with this speculative asset and acquired it. If the historical growth is met, I should be able to leave “working” in5 years or less. Because of this, I haven’t been filling out my tax advantage accounts, but the return so far has made it more than worth the sacrifice in that aspect.

If you want a tip from a rando on the internet, I would look into a coin that I see a lot on the dissident sites I frequent, RSR (Reserve Rights) as a moonshot play for a small % of holdings. I don’t see it mentioned a lot outside of the space. Do your research.

If Eth 2.0 is never completed then all the ETH loses value anyways, so I’m not very concerned about that. My goals are pretty simple, I’ve calculated how much I needed to gain the measure of financial independence that I feel is feasible to gain with this speculative asset and acquired it. If the historical growth is met, I should be able to leave “working” in5 years or less. Because of this, I haven’t been filling out my tax advantage accounts, but the return so far has made it more than worth the sacrifice in that aspect.

If you want a tip from a rando on the internet, I would look into a coin that I see a lot on the dissident sites I frequent, RSR (Reserve Rights) as a moonshot play for a small % of holdings. I don’t see it mentioned a lot outside of the space. Do your research.

Ah man, I don't see RSR on Kraken.

Great advice thanks! I'm waiting for Polkadot to dip a little for staking. I like that you can unstake at any time. ETH staking makes me nervous cause there's no timeframe to unstake. I also read on Kraken that your staked ETH can be lost forever if ETH 2.0 is never completed.

Thinking something like:
40% ETH
40% BTC
10% DOT
10% ADA

You don't have to tell me twice to take out profits before something drops LoL.
Honestly if you don't want to put that much money into crypto, just buy btc and hold for 5 years. Least risky. Good gains likely. Maybe less than the right alt coin, but alts can crash so much harder.

Bought 1k LINK and 2k DOT for staking to try it out.

Think I'll get 3k BTC and 4k ETH next time they dip.

Unpurchased my wife's Eth at 1325, since it achieved the goal of a 5K gain.

I would put all in small cap growth index...

I am about to put all my 401k (150k+) in small cap growth... Anticipating 50%+ growth in the next 2 years. Risky move! I know.

I epic failed at holding crypto, but at least my stocks are on fire.

Premarket:
GEVO +39%
NNDM +12%
ZOM +25%
ENG 12%

Last edited:
Unpurchased my wife's Eth at 1325, since it achieved the goal of a 5K gain.

What next? Can't believe ETH is over 1400 now!

I would put all in small cap growth index...

I am about to put all my 401k (150k+) in small cap growth... Anticipating 50%+ growth in the next 2 years. Risky move! I know.

All of it? Momus has been doing that all along and they have already roared back from March lows, but I guess there's still more room to grow.

@mentos - I wish I had more to put in GEVO a month ago. What’s your price target to sell?

IDEX needs to roar back to life - I have some February calls at $3.50 strike

NNDM lost some of its ore market gusto but I’m hoping it’ll pick it up again this morning

@mentos - I wish I had more to put in GEVO a month ago. What’s your price target to sell?

NNDM lost some of its ore market gusto but I’m hoping it’ll pick it up again this morning
I don't worry about nndm small moves because it keeps trending up.

What next? Can't believe ETH is over 1400 now!
Well, if it drops to under 1k she’ll reenter with all of it, but at this point she’s made enough house money that she might just take her winnings and hold onto them.

I bought more GEVO on Thursday for $6.86. Killed my average but I'm still up over 50% after Friday's red day. I think I will try to hold GEVO, ENG and IDEX forever. But you know me, I always panic sell...

NNDM was $12 USD in Germany yesterday so hopefully it's around there for us today. Will get to $15 easily this year. A lot of people are bullish, $50-100 within 1-3 years.

I sold MARA on Friday so I have a little cash, think I will get OEG another renewable energy stock. Seems under the radar compared to others. It has been hovering at $4 for a while.

Got [email protected].

Up 4.3k this morning mostly cause of GEVO! Erased Fridays 2k loss. I expect this to die down soon though.

Road to 100k: $57,936

The 60 shares of ETHE I bought at 15 sold at 17.00

The premium has been very volatile lately, figure I would capitalise on it since I know the premium will only go so low due to the underlying asset, and that the underlying asset is on a parabolic rise

If it went back down to 13 or 12, I would definitely buy again

**Buy alert** Sold RMO for a small profit, was moving too slow for me.

Put into OEG.

Sold half LGVW @21 and at 21.75 made some profit.

Reactions: 1 users
I have no more buying power but I recommend GSM next time it dips. They make silicon anodes to triple the range of EVs. It was 2.10 this morning and already 2.50 now.

I'm considering selling some IDEX to get it. Or some OEG that I just bought, feel like I bought too much.

Hope you guys got ENG! It's ripping now.

Last edited: