Share your stock Entry and Exit as you make them thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I would put all in small cap growth index...

I am about to put all my 401k (150k+) in small cap growth... Anticipating 50%+ growth in the next 2 years. Risky move! I know.
If you don't mind saying, what is your age?

Members don't see this ad.

I almost gave up on BB since I got it in the 7s and it was 6s for the longesttt time. Glad I held. Good long term. I need to average up too
Congrats, you hold it well. Look at it rocket lol. I want to add more but kind of scare now

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats, you hold it well. Look at it rocket lol. I want to add more but kind of scare now

Seems like everyone here has at least one stock that has rocketed recently! This is nuts.

jumping into this forum - starting to get involved in individual stocks with my "fun money" Targeting small cap/penny stock. Who do you all follow on twitter for tips? radiosilence was recommended by a friend

I'm a little (not much) older. I recently moved the bulk of my 401k to bond index, but my 401k is only about 50k (rolled the rest over to another account in my last job switch).

I feel like I heard somewhere recommending high growth for taxable accounts and stability for tax-deferred accounts - but can't remember where I saw that - maybe on SDN or BHs. Or it could have been vice versa 🤣

I'm a little (not much) older. I recently moved the bulk of my 401k to bond index, but my 401k is only about 50k (rolled the rest over to another account in my last job switch).

I feel like I heard somewhere recommending high growth for taxable accounts and stability for tax-deferred accounts - but can't remember where I saw that - maybe on SDN or BHs. Or it could have been vice versa 🤣
I am just betting that the next 4 years will be big for small cap with all the quantitative easing of a Biden administration... I have 25% of my 401k in small cap growth index and YTD return is already 10%... I will change that to 100% next month when my 401k plan allows it.

How come your 401 is only 50k as a PharmD?

I am just betting that the next 4 years will be big for small cap with all the quantitative easing of a Biden administration... I have 25% of my 401k in small cap growth index and YTD return is already 10%... I will change that to 100% next month when my 401k plan allows it.

How come your 401 is only 50k as a PharmD?

It's just from recent past few years when I switched jobs to my current workplace. Legacy 401k has all been rolled over to an IRA.

Thanks lol I’m kinda regretting not buying more during those 6s 🥲 if it hits 15 EOW, I’ll take some profits. It takes me forever to do that. Maybe I just have a hopeful outlook. I finally did with FCEL. Sold some shares when it hit 18 today

starting a position in AMC @ 3.25--might sell tmr lol
Thinking about Rocket lithium and Velodyne. Will buy more tomorrow.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
It's just from recent past few years when I switched jobs to my current workplace. Legacy 401k has all been rolled over to an IRA.
Great... As a pharmacist, your asset should be 1.5-2 mil in your mid forty.

Thanks lol I’m kinda regretting not buying more during those 6s 🥲 if it hits 15 EOW, I’ll take some profits. It takes me forever to do that. Maybe I just have a hopeful outlook. I finally did with FCEL. Sold some shares when it hit 18 today
if BB not doing share offering any time soon, I would expect it to go as far as 30ish EOY (wishful thinking lol).

Damn I got a long way to go. Is that per spouse or together? What if you have kids? Does that include your house? Do you subject your mortgage?

I'm just under 1.3M in early 40s. I feel on track, but of course I wish I was ahead of the track like already at 2M...esp when so many made huge gains this year (like 1 M)

Damn I got a long way to go. Is that per spouse or together? What if you have kids? Does that include your house? Do you subject your mortgage?
Don't you guys invest ~30% (30-35K) of your gross pay? If you graduated pharm school 27, by mid 40s, you should be in the market for 20 yrs...

Your asset should be at least 1.5 mil and that includes equity in your house(s)...

Last edited:
I'm just under 1.3M in early 40s. I feel on track, but of course I wish I was ahead of the track like already at 2M...esp when so many made huge gains this year (like 1 M)
That's perfectly fine. It's where I think most would/should be... Now you should set a target to be at 3+ mil in your early 50s. So you can decide whether or not you want to end the rat race (aka work on your own terms).

Last edited:
Don't you guys invest ~30% (30-35K) of your gross pay? If you graduated pharm school 27, by mid 40s, you should be in the market for 20 yrs...

Your asset should be at least 1.5 mil and that includes house(s)...
this the type of comment that get me depressed af lol

Your asset should be at least 1.5 mil and that includes equity in your house(s)...

Do you subtract your mortgage debt? I have like 220k equity but also have like 580k left on the mortgage. What about kids? Took us 3-4 years to payoff loans and save up down payment, so no we didn't invest 30% of gross pay until like 5 years after graduation. We also help out our parents financially.

Do you subtract your mortgage debt? I have like 220k equity but also have like 580k left on the mortgage. What about kids? Took us 3-4 years to payoff loans and save up down payment, so no we didn't invest 30% of gross pay until like 5 years after graduation. We also help out our parents financially.
You should definitely substract...

For instance I have two houses that worth ~600k, but owe ~ 200k. So my net equity is 400k.

You must be living in a HCOL area. Why do you have such a high mortgage? Even if I made 400k/yr, I probably would not spend more than 500k in a house. And I live in a medium cost of living area.

My God that mortgage

You should definitely substract...

For instance I have two houses that worth ~600k, but owe ~ 200k. So my net equity is 400k.

You must be living in a HCOL area. Why do you have such a high mortgage? Even if I made 400k/yr, I probably would not spend more than 500k in a house. And I live in a medium cost of living area.

Yes. A 450k home is a teardown here. New construction is 1.2mil+. Our house appreciated by 50k last year according to Redfin. There's lots of high paying jobs and no more land to build. Covid has increased demand for SFH with a yard as people are leaving the congested city. Any metro area along the coast is this way.

Why are people 'enslaving' themselves to big banks by having big mortgage?

What's wrong with a house like that?

Nothing but we don't know live there, don't have friends and family there and don't have jobs there so yeah.

Yes. A 450k home is a teardown here. New construction is 1.2mil+. Our house appreciated by 50k last year according to Redfin. There's lots of high paying jobs and no more land to build. Covid has increased demand for SFH with a yard as people are leaving the congested city. Any metro area along the coast is this way.
how much you paid for yours if you don't mind sharing? When was the purchase made?

Last edited:
Are much you paid for yours if you don't mind sharing? When was the purchase made?

750k last year.

I don't get why you should subtract the mortgage from equity. We have 200k equity so we should subtract 580k, making our net worth -380k? We could sell the house for 800-850k.

Nothing but we don't know live there, don't have friends and family there and don't have jobs there so yeah.
I do understand some people are geographically restricted... But people have to understand that living in a high COL area can put one behind a lot financially due to compound interest.

750k last year.

I don't get why you should subtract the mortgage from equity. We have 200k equity so we should subtract 580k, making our net worth -380k? We could sell the house for 800-850k.
Maybe I did not understand your question... You subtract whatever what you owe in the house from what it's worth...

For instance, if your place worth 850 and you owe 580... So it's an equity of 270.

Maybe I did not understand your question... You subtract whatever what you owe in the house from what it's worth...

For instance, if your place worth 850 and you owe 580... So it's an equity of 270.

Okay.

If it's so easy to get 2 million by your 40s then why are there so many old pharmacists still working in their 50s-60s? These boomers paid like 100k for their homes that are worth 1 mil+ today.

Okay.

If it's so easy to get 2 million by your 40s then why are there so many old pharmacists still working in their 50s-60s? These boomers paid like 100k for their homes that are worth 1 mil+ today.
You have not noticed that most have bought into the American dream nonsense. Also, some might keep working even if they worth that much...

@wazoodog is at 1.3M in his early 40s... I guess he/she has done something right.

I don't think it's that difficult. If you max your 401k/IRA/HSA and invest 1k/month in the market for 20 yrs, you should be at that 1.5 M (your home included).

Okay.

Absolutely no idea how these boomer RPH dont have enough to retire. Not just because of their total career earnings, but because they received a massive overall pay increase starting in 2000 when the pharmD became required and the shortage began.

Splenda is right though, if you max 401k/HSA/IRA your looking at ~$30k a year with match. Compound it for 20 years at an inflation adjusted 7% and youre looking at 1.4mil.

Absolutely no idea how these boomer RPH dont have enough to retire. Not just because of their total career earnings, but because they received a massive overall pay increase starting in 2000 when the pharmD became required and the shortage began.

Splenda is right though, if you max 401k/HSA/IRA your looking at ~$30k a year with match. Compound it for 20 years at an inflation adjusted 7% and youre looking at 1.4mil.
wait are u guys multi-millionaire pharmacists ? asking for a friend 🤣

Okay.

If you really want to know the answer to this question, listen to any retirement or investing podcast. I like The Money Guy. Many people like Dave Ramsey or Chris Hogan.

The short answer: people are bad with money. No savings, no investment, lifestyle creep, etc.

Over half of Americans do not have $1000 for an emergency. Having a decent salary (a phenomenal salary to most people) does not automatically make someone any smarter with their finances.

Reactions: 1 users
wait are u guys multi-millionaire pharmacists ? asking for a friend 🤣

No, I'm probably around 600k right now after the current market surges. I'm low 30s. I'm not at Momus levels of frugality and overtime work ethic, but I definitely live like I make sub70k.

I max 401k/HSA/ROTHIRA. Invest 1 to 2k in taxable a month. Wasted a lot of capital in the Walgreens ESPP, wasted a lot of compounding interest time leaving a lot of money in savings accounts for too long.

If I managed my savings/investments better earlier on I'd probably be closer to 800k-1mil. If I lived a little more id probably be around 350k. I've never been a big baller, but I'm never cheap about things either.

If you've been working since the last crash, there's zero reason to not have at a minimum 1 million net outside your house.

starting a position in AMC @ 3.25--might sell tmr lol
Thinking about Rocket lithium and Velodyne. Will buy more tomorrow.

Was thinking of AMC for my under $5 options. But I’m also debating whether to add more AREC (got for $1.45 i think [mention]mentos [/mention]mentioned it?) or SENS, which I’ve been eyeing since the .80s then I watched it go past me 🥲

GEVO did a share offering. Buy the dip!

If you're not in GEVO yet, this is your chance! They just did a share offering for $8! Anything under $9 is a buy.

Last time they had an offering, it dipped from 4.70 to 4.06 and went back to 4.58 the next day. Now that GEVO is mainstream, this dip won't last as long!

If anyone got OEG with me yesterday, it's up 17% premarket! Their offering is now closed.

Last edited:
Was thinking of AMC for my under $5 options. But I’m also debating whether to add more AREC (got for $1.45 i think [mention]mentos [/mention]mentioned it?) or SENS, which I’ve been eyeing since the .80s then I watched it go past me 🥲
Idk. I might sell amc now bc their debt is alarming. Will add those to my watch list.

Sold NNDM from the wife’s account 4.9k to 6.7k and bought 880of BNGO at 7.50

I would buy some myself, but 90 day jail prohibits this

Sold NNDM from the wife’s account 4.9k to 6.7k and bought 880of BNGO at 7.50

I would buy some myself, but 90 day jail prohibits this

Noooo NNDM way better.

I bought 340 BNGO at average of 8.06 today/last night. All out of funds for now