Shipping before PCS-timeline?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

virtu

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all, I was wondering if someone could rec whether I should put my school address or home address on my PCS orders upon med graduation. I graduate may 16, and report June 6. (home for me would require a separate "move" considering the distance).

How early can the shipping process begin once I get my orders? Would it be feasible in your experiences to get my stuff out from school before graduation and have only my POV to drive (as partial DITY)?

(ie, if i can move early, I want to move from med school. if the process is delayed or slower than expected, I would consider moving from home and save on paying rent.)

Members don't see this ad.

Hello all, I was wondering if someone could rec whether I should put my school address or home address on my PCS orders upon med graduation. I graduate may 16, and report June 6. (home for me would require a separate "move" considering the distance).

How early can the shipping process begin once I get my orders? Would it be feasible in your experiences to get my stuff out from school before graduation and have only my POV to drive (as partial DITY)?

(ie, if i can move early, I want to move from med school. if the process is delayed or slower than expected, I would consider moving from home and save on paying rent.)

You should never, ever make firm plans which are based on the military doing things in an appropriate and timely manner which may, were the military not to come through, result in hardship for you.

Once you have orders in hand you can set up the movers to come at pretty much anytime you want. If you want them to come in early May you can.

Basically what happens is if there is a delay in them picking up your stuff and you claiming it to a new residence they put it in storage. (I forget the actual # of days that this happens). They will store your stuff for free for up to 3 months.

No problem at all having them pick your stuff up in mid May and you claiming it in early/mid June.

thanks guys