Shirt off in secondary pictures--is this a mistake?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
NapeSpikes said:
http://photos.yahoo.com/somepostbac

But after reading the rest of this thread, I feel like a total *****! I guess I'll submit a "professional" pic for the rest of my secondaries. Guess I should say goodbye to the previous three schools.

OK, so you're saying that, unlike Will, you really did submit a shirtless photo? Honestly, I think that's awesome. If your stats are at least average, I predict you'll do just fine.

P.S. nice pecs

Members don't see this ad.

BlinkyCat said:
:laugh: That's funny that you actually went and took the picture when we asked for it.

I know, I didn't really plan on taking the joke that far, but everyone seemed so excited by the thought of someone actually doing that. And the further I fell into my tangled web of deception, the more difficult it was to just tell the truth. Again, SitraAchra, I'm sorry and I hope we can move past this. I really never meant to hurt you. I actually do kind of want to try it now, I'm just afraid. Not so much of being rejected, but more of being totally humiliated by my interviewer. It would be an interesting experiment in the application process though.

domukin said:
PD, I love you man, but 12 consequetive posts? are you kidding me? You took up most of a page! :laugh:
lol. i got to this thread late and responded to comments from 3 pages. sorry no one else was on then to post in between and carry on a conversation :p

however i did need to increase my post count to make up for not being around much recently. :D

Members don't see this ad :)
BlinkyCat said:
:laugh: That's funny that you actually went and took the picture when we asked for it.
haha i thought maybe it was one he already had and he was describing it. I knew he couldn't have really sent it though. I was too suicidal for someone with great stats.

willthatsall said:
I know, I didn't really plan on taking the joke that far, but everyone seemed so excited by the thought of someone actually doing that. And the further I fell into my tangled web of deception, the more difficult it was to just tell the truth. Again, SitraAchra, I'm sorry and I hope we can move past this. I really never meant to hurt you. I actually do kind of want to try it now, I'm just afraid. Not so much of being rejected, but more of being totally humiliated by my interviewer. It would be an interesting experiment in the application process though.
why so many personal apologies to SitraArchra? Did I miss something here?

And Sitra are you serious about interests of knitting and crocheting? :confused: I guess I should not take these profiles so seriously.

willthatsall said:
It was funny though and this place does need to lighten up.

willthatsall said:
It was funny though and this place does need to lighten up.

Psycho Doctor said:
why so many personal apologies to SitraArchra? Did I miss something here?

And Sitra are you serious about interests of knitting and crocheting? :confused: I guess I should not take these profiles so seriously.

You see psycho, it was at my impetus that Will post the picture, and once the ball started rolling, things became a little out of control. But in the sake of this overdramatized thread, I accept Will's apology because he gives me hope. I know what it means...TO FEEL..AGAIN!

Can we use this pic to recruit more people for our secret hidden gay agenda?

This thread is the best. Will, you're awesome. And we're all gonna tell you so at interview time, since now we'll know exactly who you are. :D

Flopotomist said:
Can we use this pic to recruit more people for our secret hidden gay agenda?

Sure, but only as long as you make it clear that I'm just the president, I'm not a member.

TheDarkSide said:
This thread is the best. Will, you're awesome. And we're all gonna tell you so at interview time, since now we'll know exactly who you are. :D

hahahaha. Yah I agree, this thread is funny. :D

Members don't see this ad :)
willthatsall said:
Sure, but only as long as you make it clear that I'm just the president, I'm not a member.

:laugh: I just noticed you changed the line under your screename.

willthatsall said:
chest shaving does buy you automatic membership, sorry. And President? That position has been filled by mercap HAHAHAHA.

Will - lets do this thing.

shirtless.JPG

SitraAchra said:
Will - lets do this thing.

shirtless.JPG

Hahaha, this thread keeps getting better. You've got the pose down and everything though, that's damn near an automatic acceptance. The longer I talk about it, the more I want to send in a shirtless pic at least once.

SitraAchra said:

Dude, come on. At least label that with a "shirtless dude playing with nipple" warning. :scared:

The goggles, they do nothing... :laugh:

dilated said:
Dude, come on. At least label that with a "shirtless dude playing with nipple" warning. :scared:

The goggles, they do nothing... :laugh:

I'm a big fan of your sig line, for a reason that I can't quite put my finger on.

willthatsall said:
I'm a big fan of your sig line, for a reason that I can't quite put my finger on.

Appreciating the [paraphrased] lyrical stylings of Big Baby Jesus (RIP) is always a sign of good taste. :thumbup:

dilated said:
Appreciating the [paraphrased] lyrical stylings of Big Baby Jesus (RIP) is always a sign of good taste. :thumbup:

I knew I recognized it from somewhere, but I couldn't place it. I was thinking it was a movie line or something. But now it's definitely my favorite sig line currently on SDN. Baby I got your money...

Wow, this thread was hilarious. I hadn't read it until just now and assumed it the title was a joke attempting to get attention for an actual question or concern in the thread. WOW, even after that second post about blowing it up, people STILL believed you. That's awesome, though, and I agree we do need to lighten up and laugh here. And... fantastic abs. Perhaps you should be shirtless in your interviews and tell us all about it. Please?

ONe of the funniest posts/threads ever. Nice one will.

SitraAchra's pic :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
You totally look like zoolander or something with that horrid facial expression

Willthatsall, you look scary, like you have roid rage or something :eek: :scared:

willthatsall said:
Here's the photo.

2ndarypic

See, it's not that it's really bad, I'm just a little worried that they are expecting something more dressed up.

OH MY GOSH! :D :D :D If you had really sent this photo I would have been so so so amused. I am sure at some point in the history of AMCAS somebody actually has. :laugh:

SalseraDoctora said:
OH MY GOSH! :D :D :D That is the funniest thing I have ever heard. I am sure the adcom will laugh. It will probably work to your advantage just because they will remember you as the naked guy. TOO FUNNY!

Just in case you didn't notice, this thread is from last year, and it was a joke.

Looque said:
Just in case you didn't notice, this thread is from last year, and it was a joke.

I noticed but I am still laughing :)

yea this was hilarious. i always thought about doing some outlandish thing like that when it came to schools i would have a shot in hell at a snowflake at getting into.

I wasn't really fully flexing, but you know how you kind of flex while trying to act like you aren't flexing so it just looks like you are cut like that? I was kind of like that, so my smile is kind of forced looking and uncomfortable, but overall I'd give my look a 9.4 out of 10.

OMG!!! omfg!!:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

I posted this earlier but the thread messed up:

I thought the picture to send in for secondaries was just so they would make sure you were the person in the interview, and that it wasn't really important how you looked. I had a picture of me with my shirt off after I had been lifting weights so I printed it out because it is kind of cool looking and I wanted med schools to see the total package they would be getting. But then I saw on one of my secondaries that they want a "professional" looking picture. I guess my picture isn't exactly professional, but most schools don't specify. Do you think I messed up?

"the total package"...lol hahaha oh man

That's so hilarious. I have to admit, the kind of photos you get at target or AAA don't exactly make a very good impression, but your situation is something else. At least you won't be blamed for being unoriginal, and when it comes to your interview you'll at least have something to talk about. They're probably thinking your either crazy, or you have the biggest balls on the planet, lol. I say roll with it.:laugh:

This might be the funniest thing I have seen in a long time. I'll be dead honest with you, if I were an adcom I would schedule you for an interview as soon as I saw that because that is so hilarious.

I thought the picture to send in for secondaries was just so they would make sure you were the person in the interview, and that it wasn't really important how you looked. I had a picture of me with my shirt off after I had been lifting weights so I printed it out because it is kind of cool looking and I wanted med schools to see the total package they would be getting. But then I saw on one of my secondaries that they want a "professional" looking picture. I guess my picture isn't exactly professional, but most schools don't specify. Do you think I messed up?

if i were an adcom, i'd laugh so hard when i saw it. then i'd reject you. j/k, it should be fine, turn it into a humorous situation if anything.

wait...did you oil up and wear your lucky banana hammock before sending the picture off? If so, it is off to Harvard to you, my good man!

If I were an adcom and you were a girl with a nice rack, I would probably accept you since it would add to the "scenery" at the med school the following year.

I just randomly discovered this thread during a search...I can't believe you guys actually believed him. XD

It says "page not found." I want to see it. How do I open it? This is too funny.

I was curious to see the pic as well, when I thought it was actually sent to the admissions office. Now - not so much. But it'd still be interesting to see what a 3 page thread was fussing over, lol.

My secondary pic:

fat%20kid.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
I was curious to see the pic as well, when I thought it was actually sent to the admissions office. Now - not so much. But it'd still be interesting to see what a 3 page thread was fussing over, lol.
I actually remember the pic. I think it was a picture of the bathroom mirror with his reflection, flexing his abs. He was a collegiate athlete, I think.

lol, too bad no one saved it.

Btw, chemnerd - nice body! XD