Shootout after Pharmacy Robbed in NYC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sparda29

En Taro Adun
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=azyZPYEAn_M#!

During the robbery, the pharmacist tripped the silent alarm. When the robbers came running out, they ran into 2 NYPD officers and started opening fire and running across the street. At the gas station, there was an off-duty officer. When he saw what was happening he ran for cover and shot down the fleeing suspect.

PS: Can't seem to embed the video in the topic.

Members don't see this ad.

The guy just got shot and people kept on walking toward the dead body while recording it. Only in NY!

Members don't see this ad :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=azyZPYEAn_M#!

During the robbery, the pharmacist tripped the silent alarm. When the robbers came running out, they ran into 2 NYPD officers and started opening fire and running across the street. At the gas station, there was an off-duty officer. When he saw what was happening he ran for cover and shot down the fleeing suspect.

PS: Can't seem to embed the video in the topic.

If that's true then heck yeah! The robber deserved it. NYC pharmacists should all buy the cop a drink. :thumbup:

CPR? On who, the guy they just shot and killed? They probably checked for a pulse a few minutes after they shot him. From what I know about this sort of stuff, after a shooting, the first people to get emergency care are the cops and the civilians. The suspect usually is left alone until enough ambulances arrive.

And in this case, one suspect is still on the loose. Can't waste resources performing CPR on a shot suspect. In NYC, if you shoot at a cop, you're pretty much dead.

Damn...the ****er deserved it. My dad went through a robbery once in his Jackson Heights pharmacy. Some black dude came in at gun point and demanded Oxy but my dad refused. The guy ended up firing a warning shot through the bathroom door behind my dad but my dad still refused. Then the guy just ran out.

This was maybe a year ago..ever since then, my dad put up bullet proof window glass counter things for transactions in all three pharmacies. If only it were possible to get military grade automated machine guns in the store..that'd sure make things safer lol.

CPR :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: u must either be high or on something. The guy deserves to lie there on the ground and besides that bullet to the skull ended his misery and saved NY tax payers money and most likely other lives. People like that can easily kill you or your family and have no respect for life. Secondly he had killed before if you listened to the news report.

Damn...the ****er deserved it. My dad went through a robbery once in his Jackson Heights pharmacy. Some black dude came in at gun point and demanded Oxy but my dad refused. The guy ended up firing a warning shot through the bathroom door behind my dad but my dad still refused. Then the guy just ran out.

This was maybe a year ago..ever since then, my dad put up bullet proof window glass counter things for transactions in all three pharmacies. If only it were possible to get military grade automated machine guns in the store..that'd sure make things safer lol.

wow pretty ballsy for your dad to just reject him ? I'd give him everything he wanted and not risk **** lol

CPR :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: u must either be high or on something. The guy deserves to lie there on the ground and besides that bullet to the skull ended his misery and saved NY tax payers money and most likely other lives. People like that can easily kill you or your family and have no respect for life. Secondly he had killed before if you listened to the news report.

You missed it, they got a picture of the cop who shot the robber

Death-Wish-1974-movie-hd-wallpaper.jpg

Was your dad high on aforementioned oxy's? Cojones Grandes? WTF?!

Members don't see this ad :)
Talk about proven guilty before innocent!!!!!

This is what happens here in NYC and many other ghetto places in the USA. Certain groups of people need to be mass extradited to make this a better country :p I vote for the ones that don't get out from below the poverty line in at least 2 generations.

So a retired cop who just so happened to be across the street gets to decide that? Hmmm... No thanks.

Not sure if trolling.

The guy is shooting at the 2 uniformed cops. A retired or off-duty cop is allowed to jump in to assist the police. Hell even if it is a gang shootout, a off-duty or retired cop can pull out his gun and take a shot at the closest guy to him to neutralize the danger to the general public.

Let me ask you this, what if the retired cop doesn't take any action, and the perp gets a few more shots off that either hit the cops, or stray and hit an innocent bystander. I know that neighborhood, there are a lot of schools around there. I had a rotation 1 block away from that shooting back in February.

I see the world as people that have seen and appreciated all 60 episodes of The Wire and those who haven't.

Too many people in this thread haven't. Otherwise your opinions would be more nuanced.

Go buy the box set, fools.

Last edited:
NYC does not mess around...shoot at a cop down there and you pretty much signed your life away.

Alternate view: http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=aab_1334336775 good cop, we need more like him. Too bad now its all about being "diverse" and the new cops just aren't the same. That's why both female officers moved out of the way and let the suspects out of the pharmacy (the other one is still at large). You are supposed to block the exit and not let them escape and shoot if shot at.

Alternate view: http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=aab_1334336775 good cop, we need more like him. Too bad now its all about being "diverse" and the new cops just aren't the same. That's why both female officers moved out of the way and let the suspects out of the pharmacy (the other one is still at large). You are supposed to block the exit and not let them escape and shoot if shot at.

Source? What you are suggesting could drive the suspects back into building, resulting in a hostage situation. I don't believe that's procedure. I don't think this has anything to do with diversity, female cops, or whatever other BS you're proposing.

PS: per the article/video you linked, the male officer can also be seen retreating when the gunman came out shooting... guess men suck as cops!!

Give me a break. If you're a cop who's been shot point blank in the head because you were blocking the exit after the suspects started shooting, how much fire will you be able to return?

So a retired cop who just so happened to be across the street gets to decide that? Hmmm... No thanks.

So it's better that cops be killed, bystanders be hurt and criminals get away so that they may continue terrorizing society than a retired cop step in? Hmmm... No thanks.

Give me a break. If you're a cop who's been shot point blank in the head because you were blocking the exit after the suspects started shooting, how much fire will you be able to return?

Cops are authorized to kill if a suspect points a gun at them. I guess a reasonable retreat would let them regroup and chase the suspect down in a more organized fashion. Its dumb how nobody ran after the other suspect that wasn't shot. I guess its easy for me to talk about it from an outside perspective but in the moment its hard to make perfect split second decisions.

Not sure if trolling.

The guy is shooting at the 2 uniformed cops. A retired or off-duty cop is allowed to jump in to assist the police. Hell even if it is a gang shootout, a off-duty or retired cop can pull out his gun and take a shot at the closest guy to him to neutralize the danger to the general public.

Let me ask you this, what if the retired cop doesn't take any action, and the perp gets a few more shots off that either hit the cops, or stray and hit an innocent bystander. I know that neighborhood, there are a lot of schools around there. I had a rotation 1 block away from that shooting back in February.

So it's better that cops be killed, bystanders be hurt and criminals get away so that they may continue terrorizing society than a retired cop step in? Hmmm... No thanks.

I'm not judging the criminal. I'm judging the situation. Let's just say... what if the retired cop was mistaken and shot the wrong person fleeing from the scene?

I'm not judging the criminal. I'm judging the situation. Let's just say... what if the retired cop was mistaken and shot the wrong person fleeing from the scene?

Its pretty hard to miss the guy running with a gun in his hand, shooting at other cops.

Its pretty hard to miss the guy running with a gun in his hand, shooting at other cops.
Was he actually shooting while running? I think he was "aiming it at them" and would have shot other people, but I still don't believe it's right to gun down someone like that especially if he wasn't called to the scene. How does he know from just standing across the street who is who?

Was he actually shooting while running? I think he was "aiming it at them" and would have shot other people, but I still don't believe it's right to gun down someone like that especially if he wasn't called to the scene. How does he know from just standing across the street who is who?

ah I see: "Mr. Wyatt tried to open fire on the officers, squeezing the trigger, but the gun malfunctioned, Mr. Browne said. Investigators who later examined the weapon, a six-shot, 32-caliber handgun, found evidence that its hammer had struck three bullets."

Either way if you point a gun at me I will shoot you and I'd be completely justified. Its called self-defense. Thats policing 101: if a perp points a gun at you or something that you think looks like a gun, you can shoot them.

"One of the female officers fired three times." I guess she missed.

ah I see: "Mr. Wyatt tried to open fire on the officers, squeezing the trigger, but the gun malfunctioned, Mr. Browne said. Investigators who later examined the weapon, a six-shot, 32-caliber handgun, found evidence that its hammer had struck three bullets."

Either way if you point a gun at me I will shoot you and I'd be completely justified. Its called self-defense. Thats policing 101: if a perp points a gun at you or something that you think looks like a gun, you can shoot them.
He wasn't aiming at the retired cop. :idea:

He wasn't aiming at the retired cop. :idea:

OK but he was pointing at other fellow officers. Ever notice that when 5 cops have their guns on someone and they point the gun towards only one cop, they all start firing? They defend each other mutually and for good reason. I'm a NYC local. I know how they work for the most part but this isn't only a NYC procedure.

Its funny how the NY Times didn't release the Lieutenant's name: http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/glad-alive-ex-nypd-lt-thomas-barnes-article-1.1061585

Watch Al Sharpton be all up in this case about, "How an innocent black youth got murdered by an evil cop that had no place being there."

Last edited:
I see the world as people that have seen and appreciated all 60 episodes of The Wire and those who haven't.

Too many people in this thread haven't. Otherwise your opinions would be more nuanced.

A man's gotta have a code.

The bigger the lie, the more they believe.

And of course...

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiyyyyyyyyttttttttttttt

Or just subscribe to HBO. I'm going to start watching it now that HBO GO is on the Xbox.

He was however, aiming at the other cops. A few cops here in NYC were shot dead in the past year. They are gonna do whatever it takes to cut down on that. The NYPD is a brotherhood/sisterhood.
Ok... I guess one thing to remember if you're ever around something like that is to run with your hands up. :scared:

Ok... I guess one thing to remember if you're ever around something like that is to run with your hands up. :scared:

No. If you're a civilian caught in the middle of something like that, don't pull your gun out.

If you're an armed criminal pointing your gun at cops, you've already accepted the risk that you won't come out alive.

Last edited:
Al Sharpton & Joe Arpaio have offices in the same building. True story.

On another note, I am somewhat disturbed by the casual racism in this thread. :( I don't expect rainbows & ponies, but geeze.

it's really disturbing.

Cops are authorized to kill if a suspect points a gun at them.
I do not believe this privilege is exclusive to police. I think if anybody points a gun (let alone pulls a trigger) on you, you are free to shoot them.

Never run from police.
Listen to what ANYONE with a gun tells you to do.
When bullets start flying, hit the deck and, if possible, crawl someplace safe.

No. If you're a civilian caught in the middle of something like that, don't pull your gun out.
I must admit, this is good advice, yet would be tough. If I saw criminals shooting cops, it would be very difficult to sit idly and let it happen. At the same time, you pull out a gun, and an officer can very easily mistake you for another criminal and shoot at you. Safest bet would definitely be to stay out of it, but I'm not sure how well I'd sleep knowing that I could have helped but didn't.

I must admit, this is good advice, yet would be tough. If I saw criminals shooting cops, it would be very difficult to sit idly and let it happen. At the same time, you pull out a gun, and an officer can very easily mistake you for another criminal and shoot at you. Safest bet would definitely be to stay out of it, but I'm not sure how well I'd sleep knowing that I could have helped but didn't.

Better to stay out of it. Trained officers with years of experience have trouble firing their weapons accurately in stressful situations. A civilian would be even more likely to misfire and hurt/kill innocent bystanders. And I doubt you'd be shielded from liability/criminal prosecution in that situation.

Never run from police.
Listen to what ANYONE with a gun tells you to do.
When bullets start flying, hit the deck and, if possible, crawl someplace safe.
What are you talking about? The point is to run from that area with your hands up, since there is no place to hide. :scared:
I mean... if you were in the store I guess you could have hid near the pharmacy under aisle 3 with the Depends and hope that they would shield you. :laugh:

I have thought about this situation over and over again. Hell, I even had a dream about it, and I've had to call the police at least once a week on thugs and addicts so far. And yet... I still don't know what to do if things turned for the worse. I guess I'd try to run in the stock room :confused:, with my hands up of course. :p

Shoot. I would rather be this pharmacist, but I'm afraid of even owning a gun, so I'll have to have my hands up like everyone else in the video.
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrPBBTYXUnk[/YOUTUBE]

Better to stay out of it. Trained officers with years of experience have trouble firing their weapons accurately in stressful situations. A civilian would be even more likely to misfire and hurt/kill innocent bystanders. And I doubt you'd be shielded from liability/criminal prosecution in that situation.

I was just about to post "and there ain' no way you're walking away without a ticket for SOMETHING." :smuggrin:

I've already decided that if anyone ever points a gun at me, I'm going to cross my eyes, collapse to the ground, and fake an absence seizure.

What are you talking about? The point is to run from that area with your hands up, since there is no place to hide. :scared:

Ever been shot at? I have. Good luck outrunning bullets.

For anyone actually interested in surviving a situation like this, GET DOWN, GET DOWN, GET DOWN.

Ever been shot at? I have. Good luck outrunning bullets.

For anyone actually interested in surviving a situation like this, GET DOWN, GET DOWN, GET DOWN.

Heh, I have. The best way is to run away zig zag if you are 6 feet or more from your attacker. If you are behind obstacles then yea get down or run away the first chance you get. If you are closer to 6 feet and you are sure they are about to shoot you, you must grab their gun. That's why police tell suspects to stand back 6 feet or more if they are about to pull out their guns.

At the same time, you pull out a gun, and an officer can very easily mistake you for another criminal and shoot at you. Safest bet would definitely be to stay out of it, but I'm not sure how well I'd sleep knowing that I could have helped but didn't.

Very true. There was even a uniformed officer that shot and killed a plainclothes officer here in NYC because he mistook him for a criminal. And this is actually the most common scenario: http://topics.nytimes.com/topics/reference/timestopics/people/e/omar_j_edwards/index.html

Oooo looky here, that incident took place on East 123rd st. Around 4 blocks away from the above incident. East Harlem is hell on Earth.

Now some people might ask why do people still have prejudices coming from such liberal places such as NYC. Well it doesn't take a genius to figure out that all these types of statistics are freely available on the internet: http://i40.tinypic.com/167jdea.jpg

Last edited:
:thumbup:

Or get to my Medicaid Hummer, STAT. It's bulletproof! You can chill with me and my 12 Medicaid ghetto babies, drink Colt 45 and count our bags of cocaine.

lol I've got a case of PBR too. We can throw back a few and then go demand our watson brand vicodin. I'm brown enough.