Should I add a few more schools now?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nontrad33

Reaction score
So yes, I know that it is only the beginning of September and worrying about interview invites this early is neurotic. However, I am concerned that perhaps my school list was not as long as it should have been given my unbalanced profile (high stats, no research) and the radio silence since I submitted secondaries in early/mid July. I would like the chance to add perhaps 3-4 more schools now if it would better cover my bases. I'm looking for suggestions of schools to add.

-3.9/4.0/519 (cGPA, sGPA, MCAT)
-No research (non-trad, employment and family life meant I lacked time to pursue this during post bacc)
-1000's of employed clinical hours, between 200-300 volunteer hours each for clinical and non clinical, lots of leadership, LGBTQ with related experiences, extensive past employment in non medical fields

I worry that my lack of research makes me less competitive at the schools where my stats match, and that my stats will get me yield protected from schools where I feel I'd be a good fit.

Current school list (24 schools, secondaries already submitted, some are reaches I know) :
NYU
Perelman
Pritzker
Mayo
Northwestern
University of Michigan
UCSD
UCLA
USC
Icahn
Einstein
Dartmouth
Albany
Rochester
Quinnipiac
George Washington
Jefferson
Drexel
Rosalind Franklin
Brown
Vermont
VCU (ties to state)
U Wisconsin (ties to state)
OHSU (heritage group)

What should I add if anything? Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

So yes, I know that it is only the beginning of September and worrying about interview invites this early is neurotic. However, I am concerned that perhaps my school list was not as long as it should have been given my unbalanced profile (high stats, no research) and the radio silence since I submitted secondaries in early/mid July. I would like the chance to add perhaps 3-4 more schools now if it would better cover my bases. I'm looking for suggestions of schools to add.

-3.9/4.0/519 (cGPA, sGPA, MCAT)
-No research (non-trad, employment and family life meant I lacked time to pursue this during post bacc)
-1000's of employed clinical hours, between 200-300 volunteer hours each for clinical and non clinical, lots of leadership, LGBTQ with related experiences, extensive past employment in non medical fields

I worry that my lack of research makes me less competitive at the schools where my stats match, and that my stats will get me yield protected from schools where I feel I'd be a good fit.

Current school list (24 schools, secondaries already submitted, some are reaches I know) :
NYU
Perelman
Pritzker
Mayo
Northwestern
University of Michigan
UCSD
UCLA
USC
Icahn
Einstein
Dartmouth
Albany
Rochester
Quinnipiac
George Washington
Jefferson
Drexel
Rosalind Franklin
Brown
Vermont
VCU (ties to state)
U Wisconsin (ties to state)
OHSU (heritage group)

What should I add if anything? Thank you!
Which state are you from?

Members don't see this ad :)
Genuinely curious whether it is still “early”, compared to “on time”, considering some schools have IIs already scheduled for Nov-Jan.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 1 users
Genuinely curious whether it is still “early”, compared to “on time”, considering some schools have IIs already scheduled for Nov-Jan.

Omg which schools are booked thru Jan

You could add any of these schools:
Pittsburgh
Case Western
USF Morsani
Miami
Cincinnati
Tufts
Boston University
St. Louis
Western Michigan

You could add any of these schools: