3.58 and 510 should I add Schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Shugwinyasuper

Reaction score
cGPA/sGPA: 3.58, 3.68

MCAT: 510(128, 127, 128, 127)

State: Texas

Ethnicity: Chinese/Taiwanese

Undergrad: UTD Grad: Spring’ 2022

Clinical Experience (3000 hours paid) :

1 year projected in an allergy and asthma clinic as a scribe, MA, and front office with direct patient interaction (immunology injections, intake, and tests)

Research Experience (3200 hours):
3 month research at Baylor Scott and White Heart Hospital as a research intern. Worked on as a full-time position with no publications.

Worked intermittently with a doctor on variety of projects

Shadowing Experience (40+ hours) :

Heart Surgery at a heart hospital with many physicians, as well as a scribe at the clinic I worked at.

Non-Clinical Volunteering (500 hours):
Instructor of Basic Life support at UTSW for PA and medical Students

Other Extracurriculars:
Paid Nonclinical Work - 2000 hours working in various tennis-related jobs. Solid consistency here. Various other work in labor/food service, not mentioned.
Leadership: Vice President in table Tennis Club at my school, training supervisor at a restaurant that I worked in, and Head Coach at a local table tennis club
Sports: Bowling, Table Tennis, Martial Arts, Pickleball

Relevant Honors/Awards:

1st Place Table Tennis collegiate Regionals

2nd place Doubles Tablet Tennis Tournament

2nd Place Chinese Double Ten Table Tennis Tournament

U1000 UT Dallas Intramural Spring '22 Chess

LORs:
I have 3 letters. 2 of which I feel should be very strong, and one of which that I not completely sure of, but I tried to make a strong impression but has been a year since seeing the letter writer.

Personal Statement:

Solid personal Statement with a cohesive narrative about my intellectual and personal development shown through my experiences. There is a theme of learning and teaching as that is something that was a large factor to my development.
Anything Else:

Current School List:
UTMB, UTSW, McGovern, UTSA, Dell, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Baylor, Duke, Emory, Dartmouth, Sinai, Johns Hopkins, Mayo, UCLA, Vanderbilt, Yale, University of Utah.

I am looking for suggested changes to my school list.

Members don't see this ad.

cGPA/sGPA: 3.58, 3.68

MCAT: 510(128, 127, 128, 127)

State: Texas

Ethnicity: Chinese/Taiwanese

Undergrad: UTD Grad: Spring’ 2022

Clinical Experience (3000 hours paid) :

1 year projected in an allergy and asthma clinic as a scribe, MA, and front office with direct patient interaction (immunology injections, intake, and tests)

Research Experience (3200 hours):
3 month research at Baylor Scott and White Heart Hospital as a research intern. Worked on as a full-time position with no publications.

Worked intermittently with a doctor on variety of projects

Shadowing Experience (40+ hours) :

Heart Surgery at a heart hospital with many physicians, as well as a scribe at the clinic I worked at.

Other Extracurriculars:
Paid Nonclinical Work - 2000 hours working in various tennis-related jobs. Solid consistency here. Various other work in labor/food service, not mentioned.
Leadership: Vice President in table Tennis Club at my school, training supervisor at a restaurant that I worked in, and Head Coach at a local table tennis club
Sports: Bowling, Table Tennis, Martial Arts, Pickleball

Relevant Honors/Awards:

1st Place Table Tennis collegiate Regionals

2nd place Doubles Tablet Tennis Tournament

2nd Place Chinese Double Ten Table Tennis Tournament

U1000 UT Dallas Intramural Spring '22 Chess

LORs:
I have 3 letters. 2 of which I feel should be very strong, and one of which that I not completely sure of, but I tried to make a strong impression but has been a year since seeing the letter writer.

Personal Statement:

Solid personal Statement with a cohesive narrative about my intellectual and personal development shown through my experiences. There is a theme of learning and teaching as that is something that was a large factor to my development.
Anything Else:

Current School List:
UTMB, UTSW, McGovern, UTSA, Dell, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Baylor, Duke, Emory, Dartmouth, Sinai, Johns Hopkins, Mayo, UCLA, Vanderbilt, Yale, University of Utah.

I am looking for suggested changes to my school list.
What about the other TMDSAS MD schools?

Members don't see this ad :)
I think most of the non-TX schools on your list are out of reach with your stats.

Reactions: 1 users
Is there anything you have with service orientation alleviating others' distress? This is teaching and ask not sits service orientation.

Reactions: 1 user
All of my community service is more teaching oriented and not very much of alleviating others' distress.

All of my community service is more teaching oriented and not very much of alleviating others' distress.
You need at least 150 hours at submission to avoid getting screened out at most schools. You could still have a chance, but against the applicant pool, having no service orientation really sets your application back.

Reactions: 1 user