Should I add more mid-tier schools? 3.97, 521

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

HerbieFullyLoaded2022

Full Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello! I am almost done with my original list of secondaries and I am getting anxious about the application cycle and worried that my school list is too top-heavy. I would love feedback. Also I have a list of unfinished secondaries and it would be nice to know I should just disregard any of those schools for any reason.

  1. cGPA: 3.97 | sGPA: 3.95
  2. MCAT: 521 (131/130/130/130)
  3. State of residence: Washington
  4. ORM
  5. Clinical experience: 1600 hours as a CNA in the memory care unit, 80 hours volunteering for Hospice, 250 hours as a medical intern at a extensive medical facility
  6. Research experience: 1700 hours working in various research labs (300 hours done in a European biochem lab), presented 3 times, publication in the works (still just a manuscript)
  7. Shadowing experience: 60 hours w/ various physicians (12 virtual hours)
  8. Non-clinical volunteering: 60 hours working with underprivileged youth, 60 hours working to connect virtually with seniors in the community during the pandemic,
  9. Other extracurricular activities: 200 hours as a project manager for a management consulting club, 130 hours working as a teaching assistant, 80 hours organizing European internships for students at my university, 80 hours as a club leader, Marathon/Ultramarathon Running
Schools I have applied to:
Vanderbilt
Wake Forest
Michigan
Iowa
Texas A&M
Northwestern
Washington University in St Louis
Saint Louis
University of Texas-San Antonio
University of Utah
University of Virginia
Baylor
Case Western
USF Morsani
Dartmouth
Ohio State
UPenn
Brown
Emory
Johns Hopkins
Cornell
Harvard
Rochester
USUHS
University of Texas - Southwestern

Still working on secondary:
Texas Tech - Lubbock
McGovern (UT Houston)
Cincinnati
University of Wisconsin
Mount Sinai
Florida Atlantic University
University of Washington (waiting on secondary)