Should I add more schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Maeby Funke

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
From the northwest region, MCAT: 34, GPA: 3.4 - but very sharp upward trend (Straight A's for my last 86 semester hours)

Average volunteering/shadowing, scribing, president's list 6 times and magna cum laude honors (due to transferring colleges), college athletics, involved in osteopathic pre-med organization for 1.5 years

No long term shadowing with a DO and no DO LOR. In my secondaries I talked about working with DOs as a scribe and my experience having had a DO as a PCP.

Schools I applied to:
PCOM, DMU-COM, Western-Lebanon, CCOM, Touro-CA, NYCOM

I know some of these schools have regional bias, and with my lack of a DO LOR I'm wondering if I should add one or two more (I'm thinking ATSU-SOMA and KCUMB).

What would you guys do?

Members don't see this ad.

Obviously, it woudn't hurt to add more schools aside from your time doing secondaries and the cost of them. Otherwise, you have a really really good shot to get into at least 1/6 schools you applied to.

Why no MD? I think you'd have a solid chance too

Obviously, it woudn't hurt to add more schools aside from your time doing secondaries and the cost of them. Otherwise, you have a really really good shot to get into at least 1/6 schools you applied to.

Why no MD? I think you'd have a solid chance too

I applied to MD as well, I just wanted opinions on my DO list. My AAMC GPA is in the bottom 10th percentile for most MD schools so I'm anticipating DO.

I'm struggling to figure out what to add though. I mostly based my list off reputability (resources, clinical affiliations, etc.), location, and tuition.

you're really competitive at all schools with that MCAT. Shoot for the top. It's honestly up to where you wanna go in terms of DO programs.

Maybe add NSU, CCOM, AZCOM. All strong schools and all favor mcat.