Should I address a mistake from my Primary App in my Secondary?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Silver378

5+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Yes. and please make up some good excuses for those errors, not just "I messed up."

I used these types of prompts and the "additional comments" type questions on secondaries to address some poorly categorized activities (ended up with like 0 community service and 8 general ECs lol) and several interviewers actually said it was quite helpful that I did.

Reactions: 1 user
One of my questions on my secondary application is: Please use this space to bring the information in your AMCAS application up-to-date. Please indicate additional grades earned, alterations in your proposed coursework or graduation date, address changes, additions to your list of activities, and anything else you feel we should know. If you have not been enrolled in coursework, please let us know what you have been doing since coursework ended.

In my primary application, I made a few errors. I pasted the same description for two different activities, and I also realized that my calculated hours were also off by quite a bit for 3 of my activities.

I was wondering if I should address the errors I made on my primary application in this question on my secondary? I asked a question similar to this before, and the general consensus was that I not bring attention to these mistakes in my secondary application. I filled out 3 secondaries where I didn't mention these errors, but those secondaries did not have a "anything else you feel we should know" question. I'm wondering if this question is included to give students the chance to fix possible errors from their primary application?

Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.
More detail would be helpful about the incorrectly pasted activity description, info about whether you estimated too high or too low on the Total Hours for the three activities, and how far off you were. If you'd prefer a more private discussion, post in *~*~*~*Official AMCAS Work/Activities Tips Thread 2017-2018*~*~*~*