Should I apply for JAMP? Bad High School record...

Started by Adrielm
Tags Tags
jamp
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
omagoku, post: 17294833, member: 555470"]It seems like you dont know what disadvantage means lol[/QUOTE]
Disadvantaged as in I am less likely to succeed as a result of my bad record. Not disadvantaged as in having a poverish family, or living in an underserved community. It seems like I confused a few people...
 
omagoku, post: 17294833, member: 555470"]It seems like you dont know what disadvantage means lol
Disadvantaged as in I am less likely to succeed as a result of my bad record. Not disadvantaged as in having a poverish family, or living in an underserved community. It seems like I confused a few people...[/QUOTE]


No you did not confuse a few people here. We know what you meant by "disadvantage". What people here and I said was you seem to not know what disadvantaged means. But now you seem to know. And JAMP as @ac62994 said is for URM(disadvantaged). Probably why the first person asked why you are disadvantaged when you were just lazy.
 
In the context of school applications disadvantaged means basically coming from a very economically challenged background where there is not a lot of support and opportunities. Or, coming from a background with a lot of hardships that are out of ones control. Your high school grades were in your control. So unless your situations are like those mentioned above you are not disadvantaged.