Should I apply for PA school this year?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lolaaa

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, so I'm a 2019 graduate and I decided to apply for PA schools for the 2020-2021 cycle. I noticed that the deadlines for most applications are on October 1st. I'm not sure if it's worth a shot and apply or wait and apply next year. I was hoping they are more lenient this cycle. Here's a list of my qualifications:

Worked as an EMT part time for 6 months which totals to 600 hours.
Volunteered as a clinical research assistant for 5 months which totals to ~160 hours. (I did in-patient interviews).
Volunteered at a hospital ~150 hours.
Volunteered at Non-profit organization for the disabled for a semester.
Leadership: tutored teenagers for a semester.
No Shadowing hours

cGPA is 3.8
science GPA is 3.83
No GRE

Should I go ahead and apply this year? What do you guys think? Also, in case I get rejected for this cycle, is there any harm in being a reapplicant next year?

Members don't see this ad.

No harm. You’ll probably get in this cycle. It’s a good idea to do a run at it now and if you don’t get in, you’ll be that much farther ahead for next year when you apply as early as you can. Just take your GRE and apply to places that don’t require much HCE.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi,
I am new here. I am currently finishing first year of DPT program. I went in due yo family reasons. I originally wanted to do more medical diagnosis field. I dont believe medical school is worth it due to time and loans and didnt know much about pt before that much. I am thinking about applying while still in school, which i know is not a good sign. My undrrgrad gpa is 3.7+ and i am sure i can get good LOR. Any opinions are much appreciated

Hi,
I am new here. I am currently finishing first year of DPT program. I went in due yo family reasons. I originally wanted to do more medical diagnosis field. I dont believe medical school is worth it due to time and loans and didnt know much about pt before that much. I am thinking about applying while still in school, which i know is not a good sign. My undrrgrad gpa is 3.7+ and i am sure i can get good LOR. Any opinions are much appreciated
Why do you keep posting this in every thread?

Hi, did you end up getting in? I have similar stats as you, and certainly do not want to take the GRE lol.
Hi guys, so I'm a 2019 graduate and I decided to apply for PA schools for the 2020-2021 cycle. I noticed that the deadlines for most applications are on October 1st. I'm not sure if it's worth a shot and apply or wait and apply next year. I was hoping they are more lenient this cycle. Here's a list of my qualifications:

Worked as an EMT part time for 6 months which totals to 600 hours.
Volunteered as a clinical research assistant for 5 months which totals to ~160 hours. (I did in-patient interviews).
Volunteered at a hospital ~150 hours.
Volunteered at Non-profit organization for the disabled for a semester.
Leadership: tutored teenagers for a semester.
No Shadowing hours

cGPA is 3.8
science GPA is 3.83
No GRE

Should I go ahead and apply this year? What do you guys think? Also, in case I get rejected for this cycle, is there any harm in being a reapplicant next year?