Should I apply for pharm tech before or after PTCB?

Started by believee
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

believee

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Since we have many pharmacists here and they are the ones hiring at pharmacy... I thought this forum would be a better place to ask.

I need the pharmacy technician job really soon, but I heard there's more advantage (ex. better pay) if I apply after passing the PTCB exam.
I scheduled the exam for this weekend (3days from today) but I am also thinking about going out today to apply to pharmacies around my area to ask if they have any open position for pharm tech. I really want to start working soon.

Should I start doing that after I pass my exam this friday? Or is it a better idea to go today and ask/apply, even if I haven't taken the exam yet?


Thanks a lot!
 
I would go ahead and apply. Let them know you are taking the PTCB on x day. Then once you get it, you should also see that raise. Good luck!