Should I apply to more schools/is it too late?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yanks26dmb

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So paranoia is creeping in and I'm wondering if I should add more schools.

Stats: 3.5sgpa/3.3cgpa/30 mcat. Non trad, good ecs, very strong upward trend.

Western - ii
Rocky vista and at still mesa - post secondary reject

Waiting on..

Touro ny ca no
Nova
Lecom Bradenton
Midwestern AZ and I
Kcumb
Pcom ga/pa
Campbell

So 14 DO plus 7 MD (not holding my breath as my MD gpas are lower). Any schools left to add that aren't super biased towards their region?

Also...is it too late to have a competitive shot given my stats at any added schools?

Members don't see this ad.

Nah fella, step away from the computer haha. You seem like the most stressed out person on the pre-osteo forums haha. You got this man, you will definitely get into a school, just give it time.

If you are super panicky then maybe add MUCOM and ACOM or something, but realistically you shouldnt have to.

Just based on seeing other people from previous cycles with your stats I see you doing just fine, especially by NOVA, Touro, and maybe LECOM. They will appreciate your high MCAT. It truly is still so early. I know it feels late because we have been going hard since early June, but some schools still arent even offering interviews yet! That alone tells you how early we still are. The entire cycle is very long.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Nah fella, step away from the computer haha. You seem like the most stressed out person on the pre-osteo forums haha. You got this man, you will definitely get into a school, just give it time.

If you are super panicky then maybe add MUCOM and ACOM or something, but realistically you shouldnt have to.

Just based on seeing other people from previous cycles with your stats I see you doing just fine, especially by NOVA, Touro, and maybe LECOM. They will appreciate your high MCAT. It truly is still so early. I know it feels late because we have been going hard since early June, but some schools still arent even offering interviews yet! That alone tells you how early we still are. The entire cycle is very long.

Ha man....I've been so stressed the past month...I think it's bc I'm 30 and the thought of having to reapply next year really worries me.

I'm also stressing about the fact I took two gen chem classes at UNE. I applied to schools which accept them but am wondering if that will end up keeping me out...

I applied to schools which accept them but am wondering if that will end up keeping me out...

Come on man, read what you're saying! If they say they accept them, they accept them. Why would that keep you out? You'll be fine. Stats like that should make you set, just wait it out :)

Ha man....I've been so stressed the past month...I think it's bc I'm 30 and the thought of having to reapply next year really worries me.

I'm also stressing about the fact I took two gen chem classes at UNE. I applied to schools which accept them but am wondering if that will end up keeping me out...
I'm 36. This is my second year applying. I've got a 3 year old and a wife that i'll be sweeping across the country to God knows where. I know the stress of which you speak, but do your best to just let the process play itself out. It's been very quiet lately for everyone on here. After an initial flurry of IIs, there has been a calm. I'm sure there is going to be a swell soon.

In fact, I predict you'll hear from Touro NV soon.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm 36. This is my second year applying. I've got a 3 year old and a wife that i'll be sweeping across the country to God knows where. I know the stress of which you speak, but do your best to just let the process play itself out. It's been very quiet lately for everyone on here. After an initial flurry of IIs, there has been a calm. I'm sure there is going to be a swell soon.

In fact, I predict you'll hear from Touro NV soon.
I completely agree. Even if you look at last years threads. There was a burst in the beginning and then it stopped for like a month and then picked up heavily again with most of the normal applicants - ie people without some magical thing (that you dont know what it is) that gets them super early interviews.

I completely agree. Even if you look at last years threads. There was a burst in the beginning and then it stopped for like a month and then picked up heavily again with most of the normal applicants - ie people without some magical thing (that you dont know what it is) that gets them super early interviews.

So I guess if I've missed the initial round of post secondary (sans 2 schools) rejections I'm doing alright?

I thought September wasn't late at all in the DO cycle?

So I guess if I've missed the initial round of post secondary (sans 2 schools) rejections I'm doing alright?
I mean if they havent rejected you, the game is still on.

Worst comes to worst, if you have any kind of update, send them an update letter and obviously express your continued interest, near the end of September/beginning of October (but I guarantee you will hear more by then).