Should I apply to Upenn Dental?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

R P

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I need advice on whether I should apply to UPenn Dental. I will be applying as an OOS student as well.

My
Science gpa: 3.53
Overall GPA: 3.69
Non-science: 3.88

Dat Scores
AA:21
TS: 22
PA:18
QR:19
RC:22

Their website says "The average scores for the August 2014 incoming class were as follows: mean overall G.P.A. of 3.67, mean science G.P.A. of 3.62, mean DAT academic of 21, the mean DAT PAT of 21, mean DAT reading comprehension of 21, and mean DAT total science of 21."

Members don't see this ad.

You are directly on their averages, what do you think?

I am worried about the gpas. The only reason my overall is good is because of my non-science gpa. And my science is lower than the average along with the PAT score.

Members don't see this ad :)
If you get an interview, would you feel this way about your GPA and DAT SCORE?

You need to raise your confidence, not your grades....

Go work, at dental office

Reactions: 1 users
I am worried about the gpas. The only reason my overall is good is because of my non-science gpa. And my science is lower than the average along with the PAT score.

Worth a shot! Good luck!!!!

Reactions: 1 user
Haha, don't even worry. You'll be fine with those scores and GPAs!

- Soon to be D2 at Penn

Hi Everyone,

I need advice on whether I should apply to UPenn Dental. I will be applying as an OOS student as well.

My
Science gpa: 3.53
Overall GPA: 3.69
Non-science: 3.88

Dat Scores
AA:21
TS: 22
PA:18
QR:19
RC:22

Their website says "The average scores for the August 2014 incoming class were as follows: mean overall G.P.A. of 3.67, mean science G.P.A. of 3.62, mean DAT academic of 21, the mean DAT PAT of 21, mean DAT reading comprehension of 21, and mean DAT total science of 21."

I'll be applying there, and I have a 17 PAT as well as 3.5 GPAs. Worth a shot!

I met this ortho resident today, and he said he got into Penn (for ds, not residency) with a 20 AA. OP, if you want to go there, it's worth a shot!