1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

should i apply ?

Discussion in 'Medical Students - DO' started by MTY, Jun 20, 2000.

1. MTY

MTY

with a post-bac of 3.59 and mcat score of 11,10,6, should i even apply?

getting depressed after reading ppl with outstanding mcat and gpa.

[​IMG]

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. youngjock

youngjock Membership Revoked
    Removed

what subject did you get a 6 on? there are so many of us that are not genius, that doesn't mean that we are no good. u should try to take it again, i think. i am not an expert on this, but a 6 is below the average mcat takers.

4. nontradstudent

10+ Year Member

MTY,

If 6 is your verbal and english is your second english, apply right away. The earlier you apply, the more chance you have. English is my second english and I got in DO schools with verbal scores of 7. I know quite a few people who got into DO and some MD schools with verbal scores of 6. Good luck!

5. cholecalciferol

cholecalciferol Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Should I apply?

Simply answer this question

Do you want to be a doctor?

If Yes: then apply. If you don't, you never will be one even if you have 4.0 GPA

If No: stop wasting your time and work on joining another profession

Sorry to be so blunt, but don't sweat the numbers so much. If your gpa is decent you have a pretty decent shot. The MCAT is a dubious tool to weed out applicant and whettle down the numbers to manageable levels
    If you realize this and work on the other parts of the application your half way to med school.