Should I list every publication on ERAS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

War of Arts

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all, current M4 shooting for PM&R this coming cycle. Have around 20ish journal publications and 10 conference presentations. Out of these, only two are PM&R specific (an experimental trial involved stroke patients for rehab trial). A couple of them are sports science/med related. The majority of the rest are surgery-related animal/basic science studies that I still pump out papers up until today. Also received grants and funding for these projects as the lead investigator.

Now my school's residency advisor talked to me not to include any of these non-rehab-related pubs and fluff on the residency application because there are too many and may raise a flag for my PM&R application. I am torn about what I should do although I have zero interest in pursuing surgery. Any advice?

Members don't see this ad.

I don't see why you wouldn't put all your pubs

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Because I was told by the residency advisor listing too many non-related pubs would not be in my favor, and I would need to explain
Yeah I think they're just out of touch. Our residency advisor told us not to take step 1 and to take comlex 2 in March so that's the level of knowledge they have

Reactions: 1 users
Because I was told by the residency advisor listing too many non-related pubs would not be in my favor, and I would need to explain
You're a DO aren't you ;)

Ignore what your school and admins tell you until you graduate. Residency advise yourself. You'll be fine

Reactions: 2 users
PM&R here: Yes, absolutely. List every publication and conference presentation you have on ERAS. Also mention the grants and funding you received, as those are quite an accomplishment as well. Congrats! That's a lot of hard work and time. Best of luck in the interview season

Reactions: 1 user