should i apply?

Started by kings2
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

kings2

Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi guys,

I have a 3.53 cum gpa and 3.39 science. I have an upward trend and am waiting on the April MCAT. I don't want to apply until I get my mcat scores. What score should I use as a cut-off to apply?
I have great EC's and LOR's. mass resident. also, should i wait till next yr?

thanks so much for your help
 
The national avg for med students MCAT is around 28. Unless your score comes out below that you should be applying. Afterall, what's going to change by waiting another year? If you have volunteer experience and all your application "ducks" in a row, don't waste time looking for the perfect stats.

Look at your scores, compare them to the posted avg's for the schools you are interested in. Apply to some with stats below yours, several with similar stats, and a few "reach" schools.

Good Luck!
T