Should I be concerned with new MCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheGoodLife570

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Hope I'm posting in the rights section, I was debating on here or the mcat section. My goal is a DO school so I though this may be better.

I am somewhat of a non-trad student, I'm completing my business/english degree in June 2013. I had planned out a course load for the next few semesters so I can finish the pre-reqs before my tuition remission expires when I turn 24.

My plan was:
Fall 2012- Business classes with Chem1
Spring 2013- Business Classes with Bio 1
Fall 2013-Bio 2, Chem 2
Spring 2013- Phy 1, Org 1
Fall 2014-Phy 2, Org 2

I am able to take classes in the summer, but I don't want to risk not completly grasping the concepts because of the condensed time. ( I am up to the challenge)

My question is would be smarter to cut back on some business classes in order to eliminate the fall 2014 semester so I can prepare for taking MCAT in 2014 (not have to worry about MCAT change). My thinking was that there are many study materials and study plans, especially on SDN, that would be a huge benefit. Also, I want a lot of time to prepare so I can do well on it the first time.

Last question is if my planned course sequence is good?

I appreciate any input.

Nah you got the right forum. This is more of a "am I doing things right for applying in the future" question than a specific MCAT-related question.

Summer classes are condensed, but if you think it will give you an advantage by giving you more/enough time to prepare and do well on the MCAT the first time, then go for it. If you find yourself struggling to keep up with your pre-med coursework this Fall, then scale back the business courses. The MCAT is not something you want to rush. Looks like you have charted out your future pretty well. Just remember to save time for volunteering, shadowing, etc.

Well, SN2ed is the expert about the specifics of handling MCAT during school and probably knows a lot more about the new MCAT than we do. I spent a lot of time on the MCAT forum and I think they are best suited to answer this.