1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Should I bother designating Stanford?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by jargon124, Oct 18, 2001.

1. jargon124

jargon124 Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Ok you guys know the drill by now...

MCATs: 13-15 VR, 10 PS, 11 BS, R WS
    GPA: 4.0 (I go to my state school - U of AZ - which is a good school, but not as challenging as say...Stanford)

I have decent/good recommendations and essays. I have research but no publications at all. I have not done anything particularly extraordinary in my life. This is what makes me think I have no chance. I am not relying on people here to help me make a decision - I know that it is mine to make...I was just wondering what you all, being intelligent and insightful people, think...I don't really want to waste time and money on Stanford if I have no shot. Ugh - I think I'm gonna designate anyway... :rolleyes:

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Scooby Doo

Scooby Doo IEatShavedPussyCats
    10+ Year Member

Great stats...not sure if you should "waste" your money. I mean, stanford wants something that you have dedicated your life to. I got a really quick rejection from them...I think the main reason is b/c I havne't done anything amazing to them....If you have dedicated four years to research..go for it...if you have been out of the country..you are on top...
    if not..think long and hard.