Should I buy stock in Advil? Will AMCAS be such a migraine next year?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pinki

Sassy Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been reading everyone else's melodramatic experiences with AMCAS this summer...I'm stunned at the process (or lack thereof) you've endured. I'm applying next summer for the class starting fall of 2003.
Not that you guys have tarot cards handy or anything, but any indication if they'll have the bugs worked out completely for those of us jumping into the deep end next year?
Any advice to those of us applying next June - should we apply early? Or spend our summer oiling up on the beach, waiting to see if the system melts down again? (<<--Joke, like I tan anymore after spending all this time inside studying! Ooooh, and don't even get me started about my not-so-bikini-ready body!)

Members don't see this ad.

Hey Fredonia,
I sure wish I could be of more help to ya, but I think most of us have a hard enough time predicting what they'll do tomorrow, let alone next year. One would hope that they've learned something from this debacle, (not to mention from the legal threats that are rolling in) but God only knows....this IS AMCAS we're talking about here.
:) Shannon

Companies AMCAS owns stock in...

1. Bell telephone/MCI/AT&T
2. Advil, Excendrine and extra strength tylenol
3. Maalox/Tums/Rolaids
4. Zanax/Tagamint
5. Any all all suicide/gripe/stress 24 hour hotlines

So for all of us we can't go wrong investing in these companies, because after all we know what is in store for the 2003 applying class.

Of course some on this list will still be waiting for verification. Heck the 2003 applicants will probably be verified before all the applicants from this year are. May God have mercy on all of us and on the students applying in the next two years.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Members don't see this ad :)
Forget advil. Stock up on crack. You're going to need illicit drugs if you want to make it through the application process. :D

How about speed? Meth? Ludes? That way I get that bikini body AND respite from AMCAS all-in-one!
Seriously, I'd like to have everything done and submitted early, but I'm not so sure if that's advisable if it means I'll be stuck waiting to get verified in another millenia.

I'd be willing to bet that next year things will go a lot smoother. They'll have a lot of time to fix things, plus they've had lots of input from angry applicants telling them exactly what the problems were.

My bet is a smooth ride next year too, but also a lot of schools pulling out. (Read: UCs).

What about buying stock in some whiskey companies? And somebody's bound to go postal, so what about firearms companies, too?